Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.306 Released 2/14/2011  (Read 18743 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: New AHP Version 3.306 Released 2/14/2011
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »

oh?  How?  Only stuff that downloads is the little 300k thing you call a stub i think....  of course I download it to other computers but again only the 'stiub' downloads.  Please tell me how to download the real McCoy please!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 08:30:02 PM »

oh?  How?  Only stuff that downloads is the little 300k thing you call a stub i think....  of course I download it to other computers but again only the 'stiub' downloads.  Please tell me how to download the real McCoy please!

It's not 300K, the installer is 132K.   The installer downloads the rest to do the full install.   If you are getting a 300K download it is WRONG!!!!!!   I keep EVERY installer for AHP from version 3.175 to version 3.306 on a 250MB Zip Disk.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:26:31 PM »

if you send me a private message with your e-mail address, I should be able to e-mail you the stub installer as an attachment.

When you run the installer, it connects to X10's server, pulls down the full version of the installer, and then installs the app.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:28:11 PM by Noam »

mike

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »

Oh, you are saying just use a stub installed from another machine that worked.....  OK - thought you meant I could go somewhere and download the update not just the 'stub.'

Sorry about not saying 'about 300k'  I just meant it is a little dinky size thing not the 2-3mb I would expect the real McCoy is.  Ya, all 7 tries from both sites are 134,600bytes. 

Will hamachi myself the one that downloads right from across town machine at the office (altho it still says ver 3.305) and see if it works here.......  isn't that weird..... it downloaded & seemed to install....also still says 3.305 ver tho.  Install log for both machines (xp & win7) do not list the installs - looking at previous installs in log file they do not write to the log file until the end of the install so when it fails it doesnt seem to even note why or where. 

Any ideas how to find out where the install stops and fails to complete?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 08:38:52 AM »

Yes, the stub basically kicks off the download and install of the full program.
I would suggest clearing your cache, and downloading again. You should get 3.306.

As for the install itself not completing on Windows 7, perhaps you should try running it "as administrator." To do that, simply right-click on the installer, and choose "run as administrator."

mike

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 01:30:24 PM »

hmmm... nothing different.  just reran one of the 8 stubs downloaded yesterday and this time it went thru and installed.wierd.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »

hmmm... nothing different.  just reran one of the 8 stubs downloaded yesterday and this time it went thru and installed.wierd.
so you have 3.306 now?
Might have been something with your ISP, perhaps.

mike

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »

yes, 3.306 now.  maybe an isp thing for a couple days.  thanks for your help.

captainjerky

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »

I recently ordered IwatchOut Mobile Pro (which doesn't work with the company's servers, what else should I have expected out of X10?) and when I installed it, the program updated everything.  Great, right?  Ever since, my Activehome crashes every couple days.  Usually, what happens is I wake up in the morning and see that there's a couple hundred error messages stacked up regarding lack of communications with my USB device (the CM15a).  For once in my life, I found myself wishing the software writers would have left well enough alone.  I had a working system, but after the install, I have these random crashes (yes, I reboot, unplug the interface, etc, but I can't waste hours every day wiping and reinstalling this software) plus I had to redo ALL my timers using the timer-calls-the-macro system that others have mentioned elsewhere.
No more updates, please!
As soon as I can afford it, I'm buying HomeSeer...

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »

I recently ordered IwatchOut Mobile Pro (which doesn't work with the company's servers, what else should I have expected out of X10?) and when I installed it, the program updated everything.  Great, right?  Ever since, my Activehome crashes every couple days.  Usually, what happens is I wake up in the morning and see that there's a couple hundred error messages stacked up regarding lack of communications with my USB device (the CM15a).  For once in my life, I found myself wishing the software writers would have left well enough alone.  I had a working system, but after the install, I have these random crashes (yes, I reboot, unplug the interface, etc, but I can't waste hours every day wiping and reinstalling this software) plus I had to redo ALL my timers using the timer-calls-the-macro system that others have mentioned elsewhere.
No more updates, please!

What version did you update from?
If it was prior to 3.302, which was released on 1/10/2011, then you may be having problems with SoftStart modules.
Around 2008, X10.com redesigned the Lamp modules and Wall Switches (the dimming ones), to use "Extended Dim" commands, and "SoftStart". If your modules are the older version, they cannot respond the the newer "Extended Dim" codes.
With version 3.302, AHP switched the default behavior of these modules to use the SoftStart commands. Older modules are now listed under the "Old Lamps (no SoftStart)" category.
The simple test for this is using a hand-held remote, turn the light on. If it dims up to full brightness, then it is SoftStart. If it comes on immediately at full brightness, then it is non-SoftStart.

If you find you have the older modules, changing them to the older type in AHP usually resolves the issue.

In addition, if you have the older SDK installed, you will need to update that to the newest one. The older SDK is not compatible with the newer AHP.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 09:29:05 AM »

$0.02
You won't look back.
However HomeSeer isn't flawless, but most of the software team at HomeSeer have been there since the beginning. My biggest gripe with HomeSeer is they have gone to paid support, which is probably necessary as too many users are simply too lazy to read documentation to find out how to do something and call Support asking questions that are clearly answered in the docs. However I think they should have a short period of waiving support fees after every major release. Also I do not know if HomeSeer supports CM15A RF receive or transmit functions.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

captainjerky

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 01:54:09 PM »

My older version was definitely pre-2011, since nothing had been upgraded for a year or more before that (when I bought the X20 wireless camera setup and monitored home security setup).  I tried replacing my modules with the non-dimming ones in the software, but that didn't always work, either.  My best results have been with the timer-calls-the-macro method.  My thanks go out repeatedly to the X10 forum community, because the people that I get on the phone for support long ago proved to be a substandard resource.  Those of you that have powered through this tech and post on the boards are much appreciated!
When we build again, I will abandon X10/powerline entirely. Already as we've added more CFLs to our home, I've had to make adjustments to my system to keep the powerline signals reliable.  If I am moving to new tech such as RF mesh like Insteon/Lutron/Zwave/etc, there's no reason to keep subjecting myself to ActiveHome.  Just a hard sell to my wife when I mention the $300+ price point of Homeseer. Yikes!
Thanks all for the responses!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »

I wasn't suggesting replacing with the non-dimming modules, but with the "non-SoftStart" versions of the lamp modules (and wall switches). If they were purchased pre-2008, then they are most likely the older model. It has been a common issue here, and is a pretty quick issue to resolve (if that is really the problem).

I recommend testing your modules to see which type they are, and correcting them in AHP if needed.

As for the app crashing, and USB communication errors, there are a number of possibilities with that, as well.

How long is your USB cable? Are you using any type of USB extender to go beyond the "standard" USB limits?
Going beyond the USB design specs (3-5 meters, depending on the USB version) can cause strange results. I had major USB connectivity issues using several different commercial USB-over-CAT5 extenders, too. They would frequently disconnect and reconnect at random, which caused big problems for my CM15A and AHP.

Have you tried replacing the USB cable? I had an issue with a bad cable a few years back, which produced some of the same symptoms you describe. Replacing the cable resolved the issue in that case.

mike

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 05:35:25 PM »

I wasn't suggesting replacing with the non-dimming modules, but with the "non-SoftStart" versions of the lamp modules (and wall switches). If they were purchased pre-2008, then they are most likely the older model. It has been a common issue here, and is a pretty quick issue to resolve (if that is really the problem).

would u get mad if I asked u to tell us what the symptoms are we are supposed to have?  I have never understood the descriptions previously given for the symptoms.  probably 18 of my 25 or so modules are old and not softstart, but i do not believe I have any symptoms, they just seem to work.  i do NOT use dimmed commands so is that why I have no problems or symptoms?  I use ON or OFF only.  It seems if only ON/OFF is used there are no problems or symptoms of not reprogramming to OLD style?  Or am I missing something?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

Symptoms  for incorectly configured lamp modules are timers will begin to fail.
It doesn't mater if you use dim, bright, on or off.
All modules should be configured correctly in AHP if possible to avoid issues
 >!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:12:32 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.