Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [New AHP Addon] Just released - MyServant!  (Read 26786 times)

glacier991

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Re: [New AHP Addon] Just released - MyServant!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »

Dan.. be cool if it could run an insteon thermostat!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »

You should be able to use the climate control but that would depend on the make.
if you supply the thermostate make model your trying to use vincentb could supply more detailed info.
As I stated before the Program uses the SDK and while bata testing I had Vince update the version of the SDK it was built with.
This enabled extended codes and some extras. The newest SDK can see and report things AHP can't. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 10:03:15 PM »

You should be able to use the climate control but that would depend on the make.
if you supply the thermostate make model your trying to use vincentb could supply more detailed info.
I currently use an RCS TR-40 which is an RS-485 serial thermostat.  I want to look into writing a driver that will take X10 signals and re-route them to the RS-485 for controlling the thermostat, but I would like to write the driver based on something that is supported already

As I stated before the Program uses the SDK and while bata testing I had Vince update the version of the SDK it was built with.
This enabled extended codes and some extras. The newest SDK can see and report things AHP can't. ;)
This is good to know and will help me in writing the driver code.

Dan.. be cool if it could run an insteon thermostat!
Glacier, if HAL2000 supports it, you may be able to find a way to use it.  The documentation states that it can work if the HW-Provider supports it.  If HAL2000 supports it, you may need to install that to gain the functionality, and unfortunately HAL2000 isn't exactly cheap.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

glacier991

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »

I downloaded the trial version and am having trouble getting it to operate on my Vista machine. Is there anything special need to pay attention to like derectory structure where located or anything? I wrote yesterday to support, and I realize 24 hours is not a lot of time, but thought I would plumb the knowledge base here as well.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »

I never tested this on Vista But I did have issues installing on windows 7 64 bit durring the beta test.
Are you trying to install on a 32 or 64bit system?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

glacier991

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 02:35:28 PM »

It is a 64 bit system.... my error message though is this:

"Failed to open software key: 'Software\Future Touch\MyServant\Settings' error (5)"

Was hoping to get a reply from FutureTouch support but haven't yet.

vincentb

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »

dbemowsk - I designed MyServant to intergrate with existing home auotmation apps (namely HAL2000 and AHP) via the SDKs they offer.  HAL2000's SDK offers full integration with climate control (whereby all of the hardware can be configured in HAL2000, and it exposes control of the HVAC via the SDK, such as turning on/off, temperature settings, etc).  AHP's sdk doesnt provide HVAC control.  

As Tuice correctly mentioned, MyServant is an ADDON for either HAL2000 or AHP; it's not designed to replace either of them, but instead adds to their features.  It doesn't re-invent the wheel for hardware configuration - so it allows you to configure the X10 devices and macros in AHP And simply imports those settings whenever they change).. but then it extends their functionality by adding lighting intelligence, etc.  I enhanced MyServant over the years to offer some features that are separate from HAL2000 or AHP (such as outlook integration, text-to-speech, music control, and much more) but hardware interaction is not attempted.  So unless the parent application's SDK offers control for a type of hardware, MyServant won't be able to do it.

The document is the same for HAL2000 and AHP - so the climate control only applies to HAL2000, since it offers it in its SDK.

glacier991 - I did reply to your email, but i just got your 2nd one saying "Help?", so I presume you didnt receive my 1st email?? Sorry, I'll try again...
I've tested the installation on a 64 bit PC and it worked, but I'll do some more debugging to find out why you're experiencing issues when MyServant accesses the registry.   by the way - please make sure you're running the application in Administrator mode.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:03:46 PM by vincentb »

glacier991

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 07:39:17 PM »

Vincent... thank you, I assumed it might be an email glitch.

glacier991

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 09:41:32 PM »

And... voila.... something as simple as that.... Now I have a slight learning curve ahead of me.... Thank you Vincent. #:)

glacier991

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 01:11:10 AM »

I am like a kid in a candy store now.... this is a pretty awesome interface. With this and BVC, I think one could make a pretty darned impressive voice conrolled, touchscreen interfaced HA system running on X-10 hardware. Much of what Vince adds here make HA more personal and user friendly. WOW.

(Not for the faint of heart if you really want to go all out like me - you need to clean up your powerline, understand phase coupling and avoid powerline command collisions and amplify commands and/or repeat them. But that done, the sky seems to be the limit. Dedicated and inexpensive older XP computers are helpful - more than 1)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »

(Not for the faint of heart if you really want to go all out like me - you need to clean up your powerline, understand phase coupling and avoid powerline command collisions and amplify commands and/or repeat them. But that done, the sky seems to be the limit. Dedicated and inexpensive older XP computers are helpful - more than 1)
"Faint of heart"? In today's world, if you want X10 HA, this is an undocumented prerequisite.  rofl

But with a "blow torch" repeater and a few filters, X10 achieves acceptable signal reliability AND  is much less expensive than competing HA systems like; Z-Wave, UPB, even Insteon.  From an economics stand point, as long as the DIYer learns the foibles, X10 is still the leader in Home Automation. Unfortunately "X10.com" site does a great job of making X10 HA sound like a simple setup, "plug-n-play" answer to HA.   So beginners get quickly disillusioned and blame the products, the company, technical support, etc.  when things don't turn on the other side of the house...and that is understandable.

This is an unpaid product endorsement with qualifications...... :D
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

glacier991

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »

"From an economics stand point, as long as the DIYer learns the foibles, X10 is still the leader in Home Automation. Unfortunately "X10.com" site does a great job of making X10 HA sound like a simple setup, "plug-n-play" answer to HA.   So beginners get quickly disillusioned and blame the products, the company, technical support, etc.  when things don't turn on the other side of the house...and that is understandable."

Could not have said it better myself.

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 11:33:50 PM »

VincentB,

I just downloaded the 45 day trial for my servant and and imported the ahp file.  It is showing me my room but mot the modules that are in them.  any ideas what I am missing.  I would really apprecaite some help here as it appears to be an awesome program that I would like to add to me automation system.

>!

Thanks Kenrad

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »

I have figured out how to get it all set up and I have found this to be one of the best touch screen apps out for x10 so far as well as many of its other features.  it is very user friendly once it is setup my 7 year old daughter can even control its functions and with the different user settings it really makes it nice ti work with.  This with a combination pcc, bluewatch both versions , bvc, autom8 and x10 commander have helped me develop an amazing automation system. 

Thanks to knightrider, dave x10_L, Tuicemen, Melloware, and VIncentb  #:) >!

KenRad

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »

<blushing>

I just love it when someone gets as excited over new HA toys, as I do.  Now if I could just get my wife on board.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.