Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dim not working since install of new AHP software  (Read 18109 times)

JJtech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dim not working since install of new AHP software
« on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »

It's great that email of pictures captured and such are now seemingly working but my macros that were dimming are not dimming any more.  I cannot even dim "manually" from the control panel directly sliding the dim slider.  I have tried LM465 as well as LM14A.  Nothing works!  Ideas?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Dim not working since install of new AHP software
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »

If your lamp modules are the old style (non softstart) they now have to be Identified as such in AHP.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JJtech

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »

Thank you Tuicemen, that helped.

Did X10 change the transmitting levels or something that would make various modules that were working stop working?  I had to adjust some mods to different house codes and unit numbers to get them to work after years of working.  Also, after doing that, various plug in controllers that always worked stopped working.  It now may take 3 or 4 tries to get one to turn off a light.  Very erratic.

Are all the changes they made to the software posted somewhere?

Thanks again!  JJ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »

http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm

Are you using a CM15A or CM19A interface with AHP?
It seems that the later versions of AHP broke the dim and bright functions with the CM19A.

In my tests. The LED on the CM19A doesn't even flash like it is trying to send the command. With 3.305.

I just tried 3.306 and the CM19A now does control both an older and soft start lamp module. Though even when using the soft start modules list for the soft start model. The soft start module is sent an On and then a string of dims.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:15:03 AM by Brian H »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »

Brian, remember the CM19A needs a transponder (TM751 or RR501) to put PL signals on the powerline, the CM15A does both RF and PL.  In my humble view X10 was dead wrong in selling the CM19.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JJtech

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »

I am using the CM15A.

Did someone else buy X10 that they started fixing their software???  Nothing from  9/5/2008 to 3/23/2010 and now almost weekly???

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:26:32 PM by JJtech »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »

From what I heard, it seems that most of the team that wrote and supported ActiveHome Pro left the company around 2008, and they didn't get any new people to replace them until early 2010. That's when we started seeing updates again.
It took the new team several months to get up to speed, since the old code wasn't all that well-documented, and there was a lot of slow-going with some of the updates.

In fact, there is so little in the way of documentation for them, that I've had to go back to my e-mail archives to give the developers bits of information that was given to me by the old team in 2005/2006.

x10boy38

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 08:46:11 AM »

Try changing the modules to RWS17  in the "retail" section under modules. Worked for me.

JJtech

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »

Thanks but that didn't help.  Any one have any other ideas???

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 08:09:45 PM »

Try rebuilding your macros.   There may be something that went wrong when you upgraded to 3.306.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JJtech

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 11:30:27 AM »

My system is fairly complex with controllers, RF remotes, CM15A's (1 constantly connected to my 24/7 PC), RF commands in macros, etc. 

The system seems to have a mind of its own, some days very reliable and predictable, most days not! 

Even though they have apparently cleaned up some of the code, I am wondering if a lot of my problems are in the CM15A???  Any thoughts?  Have they starting selling or God forbid replacing CM15As?  (I have always read about weak reception/transmission, etc.)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »

My system is fairly complex with controllers, RF remotes, CM15A's (1 constantly connected to my 24/7 PC), RF commands in macros, etc. 

The system seems to have a mind of its own, some days very reliable and predictable, most days not! 

Even though they have apparently cleaned up some of the code, I am wondering if a lot of my problems are in the CM15A???  Any thoughts?  Have they starting selling or God forbid replacing CM15As?  (I have always read about weak reception/transmission, etc.)
Not much to go on.   If your system is large then I assume we can rule out a lack of knowedge on your part about  phase coupling, signal suckers, and the big "intermitent" offender: electrical noise...correct?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Steve Nelson

• www.guydon.com
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »

Thanks for the information...I finally got the new AHP running on a 64 bit Win7 laptop, so I can retire my old XP machine :)%
After I got the new AHP running (3.306), I discovered that I could turn lights on/off, but I couldn't dim them!!!  I finally found this thread, and figured out how to fix it -:)
I've been running X-10's since the early '80's, so needless to say, I've got the 'older' style modules. 

For those with these older modules, here's the steps to 'fix' the problem of no dimming:
Right click a module in a room and pick Edit Module;
Click the pulldown on the  'Type of Module', and scroll to 'Older Lamp (no Soft Start)' and select that.
Repeat for any/all the older modules that you have, and voila--you can dim again!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys  >!
Steve Nelson

stoney

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 05:52:45 AM »

@Steve Nelson

You should get the latest version 3.310. It really seemed to cure a lot of my system's problems.
Just FYI. ;)

Rambeaudoin

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »

Hi all,

I've been using X10 for more than ten years, changed to CM15A when it became available, had module typesd problems with many X10 software releases, but finally found a version somewhat stable (3.228 if i'm not mistaken).  Recently, I upgraded to the latest (3.310) and had many issues that I solved doing jest about everything suggested on this forum with SOME results, but still have no DIMMING for modules running in a macro.

I deleted my old macro, rewrote the whole thing, change module types to no soft start, tried the set absolute, tried the dim button to no avail.  I can dim locally, I can dim through AHP, but modules won't dim when in a macro, even with 3 second delay between two commands.

Usually, all the modules turn on AND off in the macro, but no dimming (in a macro).

Like I said, an earlier version worked well, but this one really has me going nuts (to stay polite...)

Any ideas?
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.