Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Update software from old version and now AHP not working  (Read 5830 times)

steve r

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Update software from old version and now AHP not working
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »

I have been using AHP for years.  It never showed that an update was available and would say that I was on the most current version.  My CM15A would stop working within a week of downloading timers and macros. No weather storms, power outages, changes in electricity at home, etc.  I decided to go to the x10 website and found that there were a number of upgrades over the last couple of years.  I D/L the new updates and after install, nothing is working correctly.  I have wall switches, light plug in modules, etc.  I have to pull the batteries, usb cable from the cm15a wait a few minutes then put everything back together for the downloading of timers and macros to work and show a progress bar while it's working.  If I try to download them again it will not work without going through the battery pull, etc. again. 
Do I need to go back to an old version of AHP (214?) or is there a known fix for this?  If I need to go to an old version, how do I get it?
I would appreciate any help.  Thank you.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Update software from old version and now AHP not working
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:04:44 AM »

The latest AHP now supports Soft Start Devices. Like wall switches and lamp modules.
To make your setup that sounds like it has older before soft start work.
Redefine all the switches and lamp modules from the Older Lamps (Before Soft Start) list.
Re-download any timers and macros and see if it helps.

There are some older versions in this link. I did not see 214 on the list. Also didn't see 214 in the software pages of the ftp site.
http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »

Besides redefineing your lamp modules and switches to  "Older Lamps(No Softstart)"
You may have corrupted your AHX file.
If you have a back up of that (and everyone should) load it and redefine the lamps in it.
If no back uped AHX file you'll need to rebuild it. :(
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steve r

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »

Thank you for the responses. I will try this tonight.

I don't understand why my communications stop working after about a week and that the communication of my computer via usb to the cm15 does not work each time.

I will let you know what happens.

dalley333

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:31:06 PM »

I've been having this exact issue since I upgraded AHP.  Did rebuilding fix your issue?

steve r

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »

Hi.
I changed the designation of my lamp/appliance modules to older model.
They would turn on/off while connected to computer via AHP and usb connection to the CM15.  Some older modules were then not working at their designated times.  I replaced those with newer modules that I had and they seem to be working.  I just ordered a six pack of new modules that can be used with florescent etc($34.99). My wall switch modules have worked all along. I will try this for a couple of days to see if they continue to work and will get back to you.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »

The newer modules you got are ALL Soft-Start, that's all X10 is selling (both themselves and and dealers) so all those new ones need to be made in AHP but not from the "Older Lamps(No Softstart)".
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

steve r

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 06:20:18 PM »

I had purchased new 3 prong appliance modules and replaced my old ones.  With the software upgrade and reassigning of the modules all has been working fine.
Thanks for all the help and info.  It is appreciated.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.