Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: SC1200 and Answering Systems  (Read 31557 times)

RFG

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 and Answering Systems
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »

Anyone have experence with using the new SecuriLink SC1200 with answering systems?  I just installed a SC1200 to replace a PS561 and it doesn't seem to work with my answering system as described in the manual.  After the answering system message entering the PIN just seems to be ignored even though the tones are recorded on the answering machine.  I tried changing the "answer delay" with no effect.  Ideas?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 and Answering Systems
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

I am hoping to get my SC1200 installed shortly.
I will try and test it with a phone as I have an answering machine also.

Where you using a cell phone or another land line phone?
I saw a post over in the Smarthome forums. Where the user was trying to access an X10Pro Touch Tone Responder.
Was OK from a land line but not the cell phone.
Seems many cell phones send short touch tone bursts, that where too short to be decoded properly.
http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7891
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:09:49 PM by Brian H »

RFG

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »

I was using a cell phone that has worked fine with a couple of PS561s in the past.  X10.com has agreed to exchange the unit.  Will post the result with the new unit.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:01:41 PM »

OK. Will be waiting for your findings.

dwyane

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »

Ordered security system advertised to be able to initiate commands remotely via telephone while answering machine is in service. I couldn’t get the system to work with my answering machine in service.

Called X-10 Technical Support several times. First time was told to try a lot of different things and call back if it still didn’t work. Called back and was told that the system (doesn’t do that).  I asked about returning for a refund and was put on hold for about 5 minuets and disconnected.

Called back several times and unable to talk to anyone. Called using a different phone and was answered right away. Explained the situation to Jan again and was told that it might be may answering machine. Was told I could return if I paid for shipping. I expressed my disagreeing with paying to ship something for something not working as advertised and was disconnected in the process.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »

Thank you for your input.
I am sorry it had to be on a sour note, but it may assist others.

Where you using a standard telephone line or cable internet phone service?
Where you using a standard phone or a cell phone to access it?
If you are using DSL. Are both the answering machine and SC1200 on a DSL Filter?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:09:46 PM by Brian H »

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 03:59:15 PM »

Ordered security system advertised to be able to initiate commands remotely via telephone while answering machine is in service. I couldn’t get the system to work with my answering machine in service.

Called X-10 Technical Support several times. First time was told to try a lot of different things and call back if it still didn’t work. Called back and was told that the system (doesn’t do that).  I asked about returning for a refund and was put on hold for about 5 minuets and disconnected.

Called back several times and unable to talk to anyone. Called using a different phone and was answered right away. Explained the situation to Jan again and was told that it might be may answering machine. Was told I could return if I paid for shipping. I expressed my disagreeing with paying to ship something for something not working as advertised and was disconnected in the process.

Have you posted this story on FaceBook?  They tend to like jumping on the issues posted over there.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »

I could not access my SC1200A with the Answering Machine On.
Was fine as long as it was the unit answering the phone.
Tried a few different answer delay settings didn't seem to make a difference.
I was using my cell phone but had no control problems if the SC1200A was the one that seized the phone line.

Looks like it is not like the TR16A Touch Tone Responder. That listens even when an answering machine seized the phone line first.

RFG

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 05:25:12 PM »

Just got and tried a replacement SC1200.  It has the same problem as the first, I can't get it to work with an answering machine!  I even tried a different answering machine.  It works fine if the answering delay is set short enough such that it picks up before the answering system but doesn't respond at all once the answering machine answers.  The answering machine is compatible with a TR551 telephone transponder and that combination that works fine.  I think X-10 has a definite problem with the SC1200.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »

I think X-10 has a definite problem with the SC1200.
Wow, that's certainly novel for X10.

Anywho, sarcasm aside, take Knightriders recommendation of posting on Facebook. It lights their fire. Appearently this should be changed to past tense.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:17:21 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

dwyane

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:18:28 PM »

I think X-10 has a definite problem with the SC1200.
Wow, that's certainly novel for X10.

Anywho, sarcasm aside, take Knightriders recommendation of posting on Facebook. I lights their fire.

Tried posting in FB but cant see what I posted. I can only see positive postings about X10. Am I doing something wrong or are they filtering post.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »

Actually, us CO's have been informed that you will get better results shooting an email to either support@x10.com or webmaster@x10.com and they will no longer respond to such requests, gripes, etc. on their Facebook.  >*<
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 06:03:13 AM »

Thanks Bill for the new information on Facebook comments.
I will scratch that option from my respones.

Extra percentage off an order if you are a Facebook Fan and giving a thumbs up. Also is a clue on how this is going down.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:26:51 AM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »

Actually, us CO's have been informed that you will get better results shooting an email to either support@x10.com or webmaster@x10.com and they will no longer respond to such requests, gripes, etc. on their Facebook.  >*<
 >!

Why am I not surprised.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

RFG

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »

Latest feedback I received via e-mail from X-10 tech support on the SC1200 and answering machines:
"I am afraid I need you to wait while I discuss further steps with the tech team and some of the developers. We are seeing a very high volume of support requests right now. Please rest assured that I am doing what I can to see the issue resolved, but it will take some time. As soon as I receive further information, I will let you know. Again, thank you for your patience."

This was after they had me provide the make/model of the answering machines I had tried and also had me try a test of answering the line with a phone after the answering machine had started recording.  Hopefully the developers will identify a fix.

BTY: I tested my phone line and it is NOT a top/ring reversal problem unless it is the cord X-10 provided.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.