Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it possible to have AHP hacked over the internet?  (Read 2980 times)

tfe62

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is it possible to have AHP hacked over the internet?
« on: March 02, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »

I suddenly started having problems a month ago with lamps turning themselves on all by themselves, as well as the AHP interface behaving strangely in that I would leave it, come back, and all the switches for modules were in the "on" position even though the modules themselves weren't. I know and have read about electrical interference, and no, it's not motion sensors turning them on due to darkness, as I skip any such unit codes to avoid this.

Recently, my ISP had numerous outages in my area due to flooding, and during the course of all this my IP changed several times. Low and behold, ever since this has happened I have been having NO problems at all with AHP or the lamps. Could it be I'm getting hacked, since AHP has firewall access granted to it? Or could it be other internet applications on my PC somehow were interfering. And if it is due to hacking, and starts again, can I disable AHP internet access? How will the plugins register themselves at startup if I do? I know this sounds paranoid but it's too uncanny that all this stopped with the IP changes. Any input would be appreciated.
 :o

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Is it possible to have AHP hacked over the internet?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »

The answer is NO!!!  What happened to you was just something weird that was going with your ISP.  Once AHP is installed on your PC it is just a program. If your AHP got hacked, other programs would have been hacked, not just AHP

I've had X10 since the late 1980's and never had any kind of hacking.

If your system is anything like mine, you have a cable modem and a router, most routers have built-in firewalls.

What version of AHP are you running? 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Re: Is it possible to have AHP hacked over the internet?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »

anything is possible, but I agree with Dan - for all practical purposes I'd look elsewhere.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.