Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Swann Cameras with a dedicated board?  (Read 10431 times)

Rugger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Swann Cameras with a dedicated board?
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »

I'm looking to use a single box for all my X10 needs as well as act as a DVR for several (up to 4) security cameras.  I already have the cameras and they're wired Swann types.  I'm looking to add a 4 channel camera board to handle the cameras.

Can these then be added to iWatchOut / ActiveHomePro?   
I'll have eagle eye X10 motion sensors in the same areas, will I then be able to trigger an even and record a short stream?
Will this software operate as a DVR?
Will it sense motion within the camera view?

The alternative will be to forget iWatchout and use a separate software specific for DVR functions.

DeeJayT

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Swann Cameras with a dedicated board?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:35:29 PM »

Hi Rugger,
   I have a setup close to what you are trying to do, I'm using a Bluecherry Provideo PV149 capture card with 3 Apexcctv wired color infrared cameras and Blueiris software. The Apex cameras are outside and I have several X10 wireless cameras inside. I started out using the X10 cameras outside with MS16A motion sensors but I had so many false trips from animals, bushes moving, trees moving and so on that I moved the X10 cams inside. The blueiris software allows you to mask out any problem objects, bushes and trees in each camera view and the motion sensing triggers DVR type recording right to your harddrive sends me a text message and snapshot to my phone. I feed the 3 Apex's and the output from the X10 wireless video receiver into the capture card. All 4 views are shown in real time @ 120fps and I use AHP to change the X10 camera view shown in Blueiris. When I'm away from the house I can use Iwatchout pro to check the inside of the house and Blueiris Remote view to see the outside right from my iphone.

Rugger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Swann Cameras with a dedicated board?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 05:58:01 AM »

Yea, that looks like the setup I'm looking at.  I've used the BlueIris demo and it looks pretty good.  The key point that was answered in another post was that iWatchOut will ONLY work with the X10 adapter and not a DVR card as you presented.  Thanks!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.