Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: SC1200 display errors with zones  (Read 79558 times)

ROBERTH

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: SC1200 display errors with zones
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »

I have seen the same issue not just with the door sensors but also with the motion sensors. They continually drop of from the controller and I have to re install them. I have not been able to use the system since I purchased it because of the issue and I am greatly dissapointed in my first X10 purchase.

Hello Blang.. Contact X10 tech support and get your unit replaced. I just had to send mine back for a new replacement. I will let you all know the result once I get the new one. ... Rob

sanjay92

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »

After I got replacement unit, it is working fine. Although, I am unable to make it work "Operation from Outside Phone when you have answering machine". After my answering machine picks up and when it finishes playing outgoing message, I enter my PIN but it does not work.

I do have same problem. I have only registered one Motion Sensor with SC1200 console. It works but after some time ( after night), in the morning when I press remote to ARM away then console says Zone Problem. It looks like console is not able to register it with devices.
I have tried with replacing motion sensor with another  motion sensor and it is same issue so it looks like it is console issue.
I have got RMA # to return console and I will get another one but I was wondering whether it is system issue or some kind of design flaw.

dave1700

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »

Have had my SC1200 installed for about four weeks.  I'll be returning it cause the range on the DS10a's isn't more than about 25 feet for me and I need more.   

Too bad about the range.   I've tried every type of passive antenna on both DS10 and SC1200 and every suggestion on the forum, but nothing will get enough range to work dependably.

I think I have every other gadget that X10 makes and they all work pretty well. 

JudyH

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »

HELP Brian and Dave and anyone else with experience -  My two problem sensors are still not working consistently.  One is on a window that I NEVER open, and the other is on a door that I NEVER open.  They both have new sensors; the door has its 3rd sensor.  These sensors will go for a full week up to 2 weeks, and then suddenly in the night [when I am asleep and have the alarm armed], they will fail.  I will wake up to discover that one or the other sensor’s light is lit on the console.  WHAT can be done about this?  Judy

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

JudyH;
So the SC1200's display is showing the zone or zones that triggered the alarm and you are using the DS10A version of the Door/Window Sensor.

JudyH

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »

Yes

rhea

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2011, 11:43:51 AM »

Having "error in zones"  including motion sensor too...MS18A..... all my sensors and motion detectors ARE of the new generation.. and still .. I have to clear the the "error" zone to arm the system, . Did partial reset for sensors, as well as total reset... but still the problem  shows up...

What does" extended" power cable mean? Do I have to fully extend the power cable and place the console on the wall for it to work properly?????
Sounds quite funny... maybe the next x10 console will work if You carry it with You???? >! >*<

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »

What does" extended" power cable mean? Do I have to fully extend the power cable and place the console on the wall for it to work properly?????
Mounting on wall?  The SC1200 uses the line cord as an antenna, so coiling it or wadding it up will decrease range.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »

Nope. The antenna is a separate wire wrapped around the case.
Though my thoughts are the common wire in the cable to the wall wart. Maybe extending the ground plane.
Wall mounting also changes the internal antennas orientation.

rhea

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »

Am still fighting the "error in zone...."//// Any other door/ window sensors  working with SC1200?  Looks like the ones they're selling with the console are not reliable....mine on back exit door blinks on opening /closing, works for some time , then goes back to no  again.....

Anybody tried other than x10 sensors?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2011, 04:36:59 PM »

What is the error message?
Open Zone?
Problem Zone? Console has not received a check in message in four hours.
Low Battery?

If you have the Chime feature Enabled. Does the SC1200A chime reliably when the problem sensors are opened and closed?

Only the X10 DS12A and DS10A will work with the SC1200A console.
Which model Door/Window Sensor are you using? DS10A or DS12A.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:38:46 PM by Brian H »

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2011, 09:37:19 PM »

I rarely can turn the system on without a zone not working.  Sometimes it will be "Open" the next time "Problem" and completely random.  I go to the random trouble zone, open and close the door or window and the system will arm.  Definitely some gremlins at work here.  The zones can be really close too.  Like only 10 to 15 feet away with not even a wall in between.  Console is hung about six feet high with the power cord fully extended.  There is the interference possibility though.  Multiple cordless and cell phones and a wireless router sometimes enabled.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

Multiple cordless and cell phones and a wireless router sometimes enabled.
The security remote for any X10 security system, or dialer system, transmit on 310MHz. Your cordless phones, cell phone, and wireless router all use much higher frequencies, so they should not be a problem. But there is always Murphy's Law. The wireless router is the only listed device that transmits all the time, so unplug it and try to arm the SC1200.

Other users have had similar complaints and seemed to have solved by replacing the suspect sensor. Because of the number of similar stories, I wonder if X10 does not have some "bad build" units in the field(?).

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »

Multiple cordless and cell phones and a wireless router sometimes enabled.
The security remote for any X10 security system, or dialer system, transmit on 310MHz. Your cordless phones, cell phone, and wireless router all use much higher frequencies, so they should not be a problem. But there is always Murphy's Law. The wireless router is the only listed device that transmits all the time, so unplug it and try to arm the SC1200.

Other users have had similar complaints and seemed to have solved by replacing the suspect sensor. Because of the number of similar stories, I wonder if X10 does not have some "bad build" units in the field(?).
I knew I was forgetting something!  A Davis weather station 6' away and at the exact same height too.  As far as bad sensors, it would have to be all of them as it has happened with most.  I only really ever used the system once, although I do periodically test it.  We left here at 8:00 am on a Thursday and returned on Monday.  Sunday at 3:15 pm I received an alarm (system dialed my cell).  The 1200 did not answer so I don't know what zone it was.  I wasn't very concerned since it was a Sunday afternoon and there has never been a burglary in our neighborhood.  We do have woods behind our house and for that reason I felt a security system may not be a bad idea.  So the question begs to be asked!  Prior to ordering from X10 I was looking at wireless systems on ebay.  They kind of all look the same.  I then remembered seeing X10 systems and ended up with this.  Are the ebay systems decent?  Trust me, I have no intentions of sending anything back, other than an individual component if necessary sometime.  I'm just curious if those systems may have been more reliable. 

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »

I knew I was forgetting something!  A Davis weather station 6' away and at the exact same height too.  
Oh, thats worth looking in to.
Current Davis units are in the 800MHz - 900MHz spectrum. Older units might be down in the 300MHz band,(?). The current 900MHz equipment should not cause a problem but 900MHz is a multiple of the X10 frequency, plus at least one Davis unit uses frequency hopping. The outdoor sensors are  transmitters, I don't know if the base station polls the outdoor units which would make it a transmitter also. It might be worth removing all the batteries for a day or two to see if the SC1200 still acts silly.  
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:06:44 PM by dave w »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.