Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: SC1200 display errors with zones  (Read 79549 times)

Jeff M

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: SC1200 display errors with zones
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 11:19:30 AM »

I had problems this morning with two of my doors (front and garage) showed open, even though they were closed.  The led on the sensors flashed when I opened and closed them, but the chime did not go off.  After opening and closing a few times, the chime started ringing and I was able to arm the system.  I am using rechargable NiMH batteries.  It is probably the temperture, but not sure if it was the batteries, electronics, or the reed switch that was actually affected. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »

The LED flashes when the reed switch opens and closes. Also flashes if the tamper switch is tripped.
You may also want to make sure the two terminals of the second switch terminal block are snug on the jumper. Though it is a second zone that most will not use.

sazzam

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »

The temperature has increased about 15-20 degrees. I am using the Duracell batteries.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 03:43:26 PM »

Is the SC1200A sitting on a table or hanging on the wall?
With the antenna wrapped around the consoles edge. Horizontal or vertical will orientate the antenna differently.

Since your DS10As seemed to work and the DS12As seem to be more problematic. Could be the antenna in the sensor has a different orientation or the DS12A has a lower RF power out.

I may dig into my old files as I did compare the DS10A to the Radio Shack version of the DS12A.

sazzam

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:20 AM »

The SC1200A is sitting on a table.
The antenna (power cord) is halfway extended and the rest is wrapped around itself.

Let's see what is going to happen this week. The temperature dropped again from 75 to 45.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »

The power cord is not the antenna as some speculated.
It is similar to the CM15A. Antenna wire is wrapped around the inside of case. In a moulded slot to hold it.

Extending the power cord maybe extending the ground plane of the main board. Since the power cord does have a common connection on the board.

ROBERTH

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 01:34:43 PM »

Hello

I am still having trouble with my back screen door sensor. I tried new batteries and also a new sensor. I decided to leave that door out of my setup as I start setting up other zones. I had just involved the front door and another door to do some testing with yesterday. I cleared all sensors and added the front door and a second door. All worked great for about 8 hours and then just as the orginal screen door had problems, so did my 2nd door. The second door and surrounding area is all wood and no metal. The zone keeps showing open even though the door was closed and never opened after the initial install.

So far all I can have is 1 door in 1 zone covered without any issues. This is not good. Anyone else have this issue with the SC1200?

Thanks guys!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »

I am still just letting mine burn in. As I am going to get some external magnetic switches for my rounded door mouldings. Using the external switch inputs on the DS12As. The one registered DS12A is sitting like 10" from the console right now.

vlong

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 05:08:29 PM »

Hello

I am still having trouble with my back screen door sensor. I tried new batteries and also a new sensor. I decided to leave that door out of my setup as I start setting up other zones. I had just involved the front door and another door to do some testing with yesterday. I cleared all sensors and added the front door and a second door. All worked great for about 8 hours and then just as the orginal screen door had problems, so did my 2nd door. The second door and surrounding area is all wood and no metal. The zone keeps showing open even though the door was closed and never opened after the initial install.

So far all I can have is 1 door in 1 zone covered without any issues. This is not good. Anyone else have this issue with the SC1200?

Thanks guys!

I had the same issued with new sensor/Battery some how i had intermitten problem with different zone.

ROBERTH

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »

Hello group

I am still having issues with more than one sensor installed. I gave up for awhile on the back door sensor that is on a metal security door and moved onto installing other sensors. Everything was going well with the 3rd sensor on another door constructed of only wood and wood framing. All was working great for about 8 hours. I then started having the same issue as the back metal door. The sensor on the wood door would be seen as "open" when the door was fully closed.

I have cleared the whole system and reset everything back up pnly to have the same issue. Right now the only sensor that has continued to work and not have false alarms is on my front door. That is the first sensor I ever installed and is not an issue. Not sure what is wrong but I would love to get this resolved. I should not be having these issues right out of the box.

Thank you!

Rob

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 02:06:46 PM »

Rob; Are your sensors the DS12A or the DS10A? As the parts in the kits seems to be a constantly changing thing.

Jeff M

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 02:29:31 PM »

I had a situation like this with one of the newer door sensors.  When the door was closed, the magnet went past the sensor too far making the sensor indicate that the door was open.  As the door opened, the magnet passed close enough to the sensor to make it think the door was closed, then open again, causing the chime to ring.  Since the chime rang, I thought everything was OK when the door was closed.  I ended up having to put almost 1/2 inch of spacing between the door and the magnet to get it to line up with the sensor properly when the door was closed.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

Jeff M;

Good catch.  >!

This information may assist others.

ROBERTH

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 03:16:35 PM »

Rob; Are your sensors the DS12A or the DS10A? As the parts in the kits seems to be a constantly changing thing.

Hello group! Thanks for your help. My new kit came with the DS12A door/window sensors.

ROBERTH

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 03:39:07 PM »

Have you tried fresh batteries?

When the SC1200 is not armed and displaying Home Control. Does opening and closing the door make the chime sound and the zone display on the LCD screen?

Does the LED on the DS12A flash each time you open or close the door?

About how far is the magnet from the DS12As case and are the arrows on them lined up?

Hello Brian

Thank you for your help. Yes I have tried brand new Energizer batteries and even a new out of the box sensor but I have the same issue. The display on the Home Control does chime and display the correct zone as being open when the door is opened. The LED on the DS12A does flash when the door is opened. I tried a few spacings on the DS12A but I have not gone to almost 1/2" yet, but I will try that spacing tonight. I am skeptical of that much spacing since my 1st installed DS12A has hardly any space and I have not had any issues with that door like the others.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.