Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: SC1200 display errors with zones  (Read 79554 times)

ROBERTH

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: SC1200 display errors with zones
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »

I believe I posted the 1/2 inch figure.  That was the distance between the magnet and the door it was mounted to, not the distance between the magnet and the sensor.  Get the magnet as close as possible to the edge of the sensor, arrows aligned.  Because of the curved molding of one of my doors, the magnet went past the sensor when mounted directly on the door.  The 1/2 inch spacing was necessary to get them aligned properly. 

Thanks Jeff I think I understand but can you possibly send me a photo? Or post a photo here of your setup for the door?

Jeff M

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »

I took a couple of pictures, but I think I have to have a place online to put them before I can display them here.  Experts, is that how it works here?   Send me a message with your email address and I'll send you the photos.

ROBERTH

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »

Another thought...is there an X10 product to amplify and relay the sensors signals throughout the home?

Jeff M

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »

I believe there used to be, but not anymore.  I asked the same question.  Check out this article on adding a passive antenna to the sensor:

http://davehouston.net/passive.htm

I emailed you some pics of the sensor mounted on the big curved mulding.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »

No the X10 RF repeater was discontinued awhile ago.
Some users reported it was a big problem for them.
The passive antenna is most likely the best way to go.

Unless someone is willing to mod the SC1200A to add an external antenna.
With all the problem reports with the SC1200A. I doubt many would attempt a warranty busting thing right now.

Though an Open Zone would be more like the Door Window Sensor didn't send a closed signal when the magnet was near the case.
I still have a nagging thought that it could be the sensor itself. Maybe a poor magnetic sensor inside the case. I am not going to be using the internal one in mine. My 1" large gap external ones should be here Thursday. I don't plan on registering the internal one just the external ones.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 12:43:40 PM by Brian H »

ROBERTH

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »

I believe there used to be, but not anymore.  I asked the same question.  Check out this article on adding a passive antenna to the sensor:

http://davehouston.net/passive.htm

I emailed you some pics of the sensor mounted on the big curved mulding.

Thanks Jeff. Thank you as well for the pictures. I am begining to think maybe I should send back this new secirity unit and get the previous version to solve the range issues for the sensors.

ROBERTH

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »

Hi Brian....Thank you for responding. Thank you as well for your tests. I wish my issue was a bad sensor. I have 16 of those sensors brand new in boxes. I tried several sensors and new batteries. No matter what door or config, at some point the SC1200 will all of a sudden see one of the sensors or all as being open. I cannot beleive X10 would sell a product like the SC1200 with such range issues and no fix or add-on for the device like an antenna. ... odd

Rob

vlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »

Hi Brian....Thank you for responding. Thank you as well for your tests. I wish my issue was a bad sensor. I have 16 of those sensors brand new in boxes. I tried several sensors and new batteries. No matter what door or config, at some point the SC1200 will all of a sudden see one of the sensors or all as being open. I cannot beleive X10 would sell a product like the SC1200 with such range issues and no fix or add-on for the device like an antenna. ... odd

Rob

I had the same problem with sensor not talk to main console but now i got another SC1200 it seems to detect all sensors with out any problem so far so good.

ROBERTH

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »

Rob

I had the same problem with sensor not talk to main console but now i got another SC1200 it seems to detect all sensors with out any problem so far so good.

Hello... I as well may send my unit back and get another for one last shot. What a headache out of the box this has been! : )

sanjay92

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2011, 10:23:58 PM »

I do have same problem. I have only registered one Motion Sensor with SC1200 console. It works but after some time ( after night), in the morning when I press remote to ARM away then console says Zone Problem. It looks like console is not able to register it with devices.
I have tried with replacing motion sensor with another  motion sensor and it is same issue so it looks like it is console issue.
I have got RMA # to return console and I will get another one but I was wondering whether it is system issue or some kind of design flaw.

ROBERTH

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2011, 05:57:55 PM »

Sounds like your unit is defective like mine. I spoke to an X10 technician and he is saying that my unit is defective. I am trying to arrange for me to send this one back for a new one. Hopefully this will resolve my issues. : (

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »

Well I just installed three DS12As with external switches and not using the internal switch. As each can be registered as a separate zone. Used a wide gap magnetic switch with a 1" operation range.
Will see how it goes over the next few days and weeks.  :'

blang

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2011, 03:24:41 PM »

I have seen the same issue not just with the door sensors but also with the motion sensors. They continually drop of from the controller and I have to re install them. I have not been able to use the system since I purchased it because of the issue and I am greatly dissapointed in my first X10 purchase.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »

I have seen the same issue not just with the door sensors but also with the motion sensors. They continually drop of from the controller and I have to re install them. I have not been able to use the system since I purchased it because of the issue and I am greatly dissapointed in my first X10 purchase.
blang If you read this thread, appearently X10 has determined ROBERTH has a defective unit. IF you have the same issue, call X10. Posting complaints here without details doesn't help. X10 rarely responds to this forum.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2011, 06:33:40 PM »

Some users got an exchange from X10 for the SC1200 and reported the replacement was fine so far.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.