Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do your Powerhorns work correctlly with the new SC1200A console?

Yes Completely
- 4 (40%)
Partially
- 3 (30%)
No Not at all
- 3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: SC1200A and Powerhorns?  (Read 20073 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200A and Powerhorns?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »

There is a difference between a low battery, open zone and problem zone.
The sensor checks in I believe every 60 minutes. It the console doesn't get a check in in four hours it reports a "Problem Zone"
If the sensor thinks the magnetic switch is open. It should report an open zone not a problem zone.

JudyH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 09:11:27 PM »

I had to giggle at your conclusion.  BELIEVE ME, I deduced that long ago, but Thomas isn't up to it.  He told me that NO ONE had any of the problems I was having.  Right now all's going well EXCEPT for the dial tone background noise when the chime sounds [and suggestion re that?]  and my 6th siren probably still doesn't sound, but I don't like triggering my alarm since all those sirens certainly make a lot of noise [not as much as they NEED to] and I've got a dog who wouldn't be happy.  Right now, I'm trying not to mess with my current "success" with having all the sensors doing what they should ... I'm not holding my breath.  Finding this forum and others who indeed DO have the same problems has really helped bring my blood pressure down.   THANKS, Judy
P.S.  If I want to start a new thread on the forums, how can I do that?  Who controls it?  Doesn't X10 have an employee monitoring the site??

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

This site is monitored by volunteers.  If you want to start a new thread, find the appropriate section and hit the "start new topic" button.

If it's in the wrong place, the volunteers will move it.  If it doesn't belong, or is spam, it will be removed.

We are in control. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:36:35 PM by Knightrider »
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »

We are in control. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure.

Cute.   :)%
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »

JudyH;
I cleared my dial tone noise by going into the test mode and then exiting.
Key in 7, then 9, then On, then Clear.
One note. Your PIN will be reset to 0000 so you would have to reset it to what yours was.

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »

I would really like to use two powerhorns with the 1200 but am confused as to whether they will not sound at all or just don't seem to be very loud.  What model horn would/should work?  Thank you!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 06:15:34 AM »

ratchet; You may want to look at this thread.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=il2nuoj8lfnjndq69blci08c15&PHPSESSID=31uf92j09hpn1end6vhtf4e804&topic=22928.0

Basically it depends on the Date Code of the PH508 Large Powerhorn. I don't have any data, for possible updates in 2011. Last one I tested was a late 2010 unit.
I am using two 2002 models and they take longer than the normal four on off cycles to trip and do pause one time before continuing.
There where some 2008-2009 ones that sounded one time when the console was armed.  ???
The late 2010 ones also pause one time but do not sound on an arming of the console though not as loud as the 2002 ones I have.

Actually none of them sound like a real siren. More like a High Low Cycle of tones. Though you do know they are sounding.  ;D

I don't have any data on later Date Code SH10A Small Powerhorns.

Of the two the PH508 maybe a better choice. Though the is a modification here where a user triggers an ELK Sensitive relay to power a real siren. http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=0u8r51309j5lu36k6jdm6e42f6&topic=21998.0
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:45:42 AM by Brian H »

JudyH

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 10:56:16 AM »

Hi Brian -- I'm confused by your "7, 9, ON" solution to the dial tone noise.  Other than potentially clearing the dial tone, what is this action MEANT to achieve?  And, what do you mean by "test mode"?   Thanks, Judy  limping along with all the same problems still occurring

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »

The 7 9 On sequence puts the console in a self test mode.
I thought going into test and back out with the clear button. May get thing back in synchronization.

The only thing is it also clears the PIN back to 0000.
That was what Radio Shack told a user. That had a PIN that they forgot.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=psitmfj48b2og9k4nbqb1q9fb6&topic=22912.0
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:17:19 AM by Brian H »

ratchet

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 06:28:21 PM »

Hi Brian -- I'm confused by your "7, 9, ON" solution to the dial tone noise.  Other than potentially clearing the dial tone, what is this action MEANT to achieve?  And, what do you mean by "test mode"?   Thanks, Judy  limping along with all the same problems still occurring
Hey Judy "limping"!  I've been hammering these threads with issues also and have read about yours.  Relative to your "Trouble Zones" of which I've had my share.  Most noticeably, every time I'd arm there'd be a troubled zone.  Usually it would take opening and closing the door or window several times or at worst, having to re-enter the zone, before I could arm.  I definitely feel like I had a breakthrough yesterday as things have been flawless since.  I quote myself from another thread:  "I may have cracked this (I shouldn't have said that)!  I believe the most important thing is absolute perfect alignment of the arrows with these 12As.  Lets assume the encased magnets aren't exactly all in the same location and your sensor alignment is off down or left a 32nd and the magnets off up or right a 32nd, you end up off a 16th.  My zone 4, which is a window about 12' away and in the same room as the console, would keep flashing after every disarm.  Then I'd have to open and close the window several times before it would re-arm!  I've made a minor adjustment and so far so good!"  The point being, that this (arrow alignment) may be of greater significance than the distance between the magnet and 12A sensor.  Good luck!   

JudyH

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »

Thanks very much, Rachet.  The tech at X10 had told me that exact alignment was no concern, but of course he has not proven to be a useful resource.  Some of my sensors are not in complete alignment in the other plane, due to door and frame offset -- he told me that was no biggie either.  I'll try what you have recommended.  Any suggestions re the dial tone in the background on outgoing Alarm message?  It makes the message pretty much undecipherable.  Is there any way for us to communicate directly?  Judy

ratchet

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 06:52:07 AM »

Thanks very much, Rachet.  The tech at X10 had told me that exact alignment was no concern, but of course he has not proven to be a useful resource.  Some of my sensors are not in complete alignment in the other plane, due to door and frame offset -- he told me that was no biggie either.  I'll try what you have recommended.  Any suggestions re the dial tone in the background on outgoing Alarm message?  It makes the message pretty much undecipherable.  Is there any way for us to communicate directly?  Judy
Trust me, I'm the last person you want to consult about X10 issues.  Indeed, the tech is correct, as zone four is at it again!  I'm going to try some some different batteries.  If I come up with any other zany theories I'll be sure to post.

ratchet

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 01:00:01 PM »

Yo Judy!  Check out, post #93 as I have an update on sensor problems.  Gist of which is trying a minor location change!
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?board=21.0

ratchet

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 07:39:01 AM »

I voted "Completely" for two PH 508, date code 10L.52 that I purchased on ebay.  They are very shrill but loud enough in my opinion.  I wore ear protection for the test and when I removed them I immediately disarmed the system while the powerhorn was alarming.  Then I went upstairs and ran the test again with the other powerhorn.  That one was in an on/off mode, which I assume was in sinc with the lamp modules.  Is this correct or is the one I took upstairs not functioning correctly?  I had a hernia repaired yesterday so I'm not in the mood for testing again.  lol  I can only assume the one down stairs was in the "on" sequence when I disabled the system because with the console alarming and the ear protection I didn't hear it until I removed them.  I took a stop watch upstairs with me and the power horn began to alarm about 6.5 seconds after I tripped the zone.   

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 11:21:22 AM »

Did it sound one time when you armed the console for the test?
I have had them go off if I arm the system shortly after they where sounding from an alarm.
I think the circuit that triggers after the on off cycles have added up. Need time to totally discharge or they start sounding again.
Some of the 2007-2009 Date Code units sounded evertime the console was armed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.