Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome information screen  (Read 7806 times)

Lockandload223

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHome information screen
« on: March 13, 2011, 08:02:21 PM »

Here is my idea. if you are like me and you have been bitten by the X10 home automation bug you have a computer running ActiveHome 24/7.  I would like to see an ActiveHome screen that would give you information on your whole system.

Imagine your computer monitor divided into 1/4's. In one corner of the screen you would have a live video feed from your camera or cameras.  Corner #2 would have all your home lighting controls. #3 would be monitoring your security system. Not really sure what would be in corner #4.

Imagine taking Active Phone, iWatchmobile and all of the other X10 applications and embedding them onto a single screen.  If we have a computer running 24/7 we should get the most out of it as we can. Turn your running computer into a complete home information center.  In fact I could even see X10 making more products that could be added to the screen.  How about the X10 outdoor weather station. or the X10 Electric usage monitor. (Black&Decker has something like this) think about the possibilities.

What do you think?

OldSalt

Re: ActiveHome information screen
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »

Same type of idea, but I'd like to see the X10 controls / thumbnail video superimposed on a floor plan of the home.

Click on a room to zoom in.  Click on a camera to bring up a larger window with video (and controls if apllicable) for the camera.

Lockandload223

Re: ActiveHome information screen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »

Good ideas!

I just think if I have to have a computer running 24/7 and it is the heart and soul of my smart home I should be able to access as much information as I can from it.

Back & Decker makes something that I would love to see X10 make that monitors your home electrical usage. http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/EM100B.aspx

And I know that there are companies out there that make wireless weather stations that you set up outside and that will tell you the temp. , wind speed , wind direction , and so much more.

I have only started to use Bill's Voice Commander, (trial version) but imagine walking up to your home automation computer and saying "show me my driveway" and you get a full screen shot of a camera fixed on the driveway. Or "How much electricity am I using right now"  I really like ActiveHome Pro I would just love to see it do more for us.

Bruce L.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.