Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200 issues with lamp modules, socket rocket and powerhorn  (Read 4381 times)

khpman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 issues with lamp modules, socket rocket and powerhorn
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »

Hi all,

I am new in X10.  Recently I purchased SecuriLink SC1200 with the following accessories:

- Security Console (SC1200)
- Smart Wireless Security Motion Detector (MS18A)
- Smart Door/Window Sensor (DS12A)
- Socket Rocket (LM15A)
- Lamp Module (LM465)
- Smart Security Keyfob Remote (KR32A)
- Security Remote Control (SH624)

So far I do not have any problems using the security part.  That is, motion detectors, door/window sensors, keyfob arm/disarm/panic buttons and security remote control home/away arm/disarm and panic buttons are working fine.  At one point I programmed SC1200 with housecode=M, lightcode=8 and Lamp Module (LM465) being set to housecode=M, unitcode=8, the lights connected to this Lamp Module would work when pressing the Security Light buttons in Security Remote Control.  I could not remember when it stopped working.

I had done the following experiment without any luck so far:
(1)Master Reset SC1200, set housecode=A and lightcode=1, Lamp Module (LM465) being set to housecode=A and unitcode=1.  Connect table lamp to Lamp Module and press "1" and then "on" in SC1200 keypad.  Table lamp would not turn on.
(2)Plug in Socket Rocket to the table lamp, follow instructions to activate the Socket Rocket.  Table lamp would not flash or turn on.
(3)Try all Module/Sensor On/Off buttons with housecode=A in Security Remote Control.  Nothing worked with Lamp Module and Socket Rocket.
(4)Try Lights On/off button in Keyfobs.  Nothing worked with Lamp Module and Socket Rocket.
(5)Connect Power Horn to the same electric outlet.  Trigger the alarm or press Panic button in Keyfob/Security Remote Control.  SC1200 has the alarm sound but not with Power Horn.

Before I request a RMA, could someone suggest anything for further diagnose this issue?  I also tried to connect Lamp Module, Socket Rocket, Power Horn and SC1200 in the same power bar to do the experiment but still nothing would work for the lights.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Kenneth
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:20:19 PM by khpman »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 issues with lamp modules, socket rocket and powerhorn
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:35:16 AM »

Looks like you have done good troubleshooting tests.
You may want to try it with out the power bar as some have filters in them them absorb X10 signals.
Though not even controlling things in the same power bar; maybe the power line transmitter in the SC1200 has died as nothing is responding.

One side note on the KR32. The lights on and off button control the second light code. So if the console is on A1 the buttons control A2.

lodtrack

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: SC1200 issues with lamp modules, socket rocket and powerhorn
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 07:44:31 AM »

To trouble shoot further you would need  software and a CM15 to monitor the powerline to see if the signals are making it out of the security console. Another $50 bucks at today's price. These consoles are fairly new so there is not many reported failures that I have seen as yet.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.