Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: x10 pushing old stuff?  (Read 9713 times)

rhea

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
x10 pushing old stuff?
« on: March 23, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »

IT's not fair... the new system SC12A with old components... remotes are fairly comparable with newKR32A,  motion detectors .. the old ones take too much time to communicate ... check this out:Ebay seller for lower prices new components ... at least, the new there goes with new      http://stores.ebay.ca/x10homeautomationshippedfree

rhea

Re: x10 pushing old stuff?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »

the wrong address   check this out                                                                               http://cgi.ebay.ca/X10-19-Piece-SecuriLINK-Home-Security-System-/150570988590?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230ebaf42e

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »

Maybe the prices in your link are cheaper for Canada {it is EBay Canada} but it is $40.00 more than what X10 USA was selling it for. When the new modules where part of the kit.

Not fair. Maybe but at my age I have learned life is not always fair.  ???

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »

IT's not fair... the new system SC12A with old components...
Wait a few weeks. It will change, after they sell off some DS10A inventory.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »

IT's not fair... the new system SC12A with old components... remotes are fairly comparable with newKR32A,  motion detectors .. the old ones take too much time to communicate ... check this out:Ebay seller for lower prices new components ... at least, the new there goes with new      http://stores.ebay.ca/x10homeautomationshippedfree

I feel your pain and agree!!

Tom

rhea

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »

E-mailed the X10 about my SC12A   about old door sensors coupled with the latest  stuff, Eric Boyd, reps name, returned my e-mail and said  will replace them with the new door sensors as soon as they are available....... I consider it a great service and understanding.   So it's not that bad as it seems sometimes.   So far I am happy with the SC12A.... responds to all commands, the range seems pretty large, the new motion sensors work great (the only prob is when the old ones, (10) are used, takes a long time to communicate with the console and the distance they start working is much less than the new ones.  So, not really going into tech details(not a pro myself), so far ir works great.... now for a week, the night time Home Mode hasn';t given any probs, when tripped, it calls my cell,  I can activate(deactivate) with my cell... so the only thing it's missing is smoke and fire detectors?  Any ideas here.. also, water leek detector would be a great stuff to add(my heating is hot water based , as well as the city main should have been put under control)   I love those nice blue boxes the x10 stuff comes in!! :)%

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 12:57:45 PM »

You mean the Arm Home no longer triggers the Powerhorn; as you reported in this thread?
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=qbv4rk3c76qdinan6uutr73dq6&topic=22954.msg130978#msg130978
Did you get a newer Powerhorn; did it magically fix itself or are you tolerating the sounds it is making?

Our search function should find a few different water sensor modifications.
Most where interfacing with the DS10A but you could most likely use the terminal block on the bottom of a DS12A to connect a sensor trigger to.
The internal switch and external Input can be registered as two separate zones or even just the external zone can be used and the internal not registered.
Here is another one this one is built to fit the DS10As battery compartment.
http://www.gardnerswebsite.com/ds10a/index.html
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:49:06 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:02:41 PM »

so the only thing it's missing is smoke and fire detectors?  Any ideas here.. also, water leek detector would be a great stuff to add(my heating is hot water based , as well as the city main should have been put under control) 
$0.02
X10 has never offered fire, smoke, CO, or leak detectors, even though they have been requested many times over the years.

I suspect X10 thinks:

1. they won't be big sellers as accessories to the security system, and
2. one can get each of these detectors with external contact outputs from other manufacturers allowing them to be mated with a DS10 or new DS12 to provide the function.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 01:59:37 AM »

E-mailed the X10 about my SC12A   about old door sensors coupled with the latest  stuff, Eric Boyd, reps name, returned my e-mail and said  will replace them with the new door sensors as soon as they are available....... I consider it a great service and understanding.   So it's not that bad as it seems sometimes.   So far I am happy with the SC12A.... responds to all commands, the range seems pretty large, the new motion sensors work great (the only prob is when the old ones, (10) are used, takes a long time to communicate with the console and the distance they start working is much less than the new ones.  So, not really going into tech details(not a pro myself), so far ir works great.... now for a week, the night time Home Mode hasn';t given any probs, when tripped, it calls my cell,  I can activate(deactivate) with my cell... so the only thing it's missing is smoke and fire detectors?  Any ideas here.. also, water leek detector would be a great stuff to add(my heating is hot water based , as well as the city main should have been put under control)   I love those nice blue boxes the x10 stuff comes in!! :)%

Clarification please are you saying now the LARGE Power Horns actually work with the SC12A no long pauses or other issues need to know before I send this email off to the x10 brass. Thanks

Tom j.

rhea

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »

Triggering... it does , yes, simply I don't use it for now, as all the options discussed here won't have any efffect on it... it still beeps  and scares hell out of my family.. rofl

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 02:27:48 PM »

Thanks for the clarification.
Sill Beeps but being ignored.

tom j

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 12:00:43 AM »

Say just curious do you have any Power Horns and if so how are they functioning?   Most people report having difficulties.

Tom j.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.