Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000 Security Console and HC/UC  (Read 3204 times)

ricquelle

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS7000 Security Console and HC/UC
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »

I currently have a 4-camera system with lamp modules/socket rockets and motion detectors associated with each camera.  Everything is currently set to HC B.  I have a TM751, CM19A that I am currently using.  Also have a CM15A but haven't got it set up yet.  I have both Vanguard and AHP with all the plug-ins.

I am getting ready to jump into the security components...

My question is (but I am not quite clear)  do I set the security module on the same HC as the above mentioned items or a seperate house code?  If I can do either, what are the pros/cons?  I do realize that all the lamp modules have to be on the same HC as the console to control them to flash.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: DS7000 Security Console and HC/UC
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »

My question is (but I am not quite clear)  do I set the security module on the same HC as the above mentioned items or a seperate house code?  If I can do either, what are the pros/cons? 
The security modules like DS10A, MS18A etc, do not use house codes or unit codes which would compromise system security. X10 Security Systems and CM15A with "OnAlert" plugin receive/understand the security modules transmissions.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: DS7000 Security Console and HC/UC
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 02:36:12 PM »

Set the DS7000 to a different HC as you don't want it turning on or off your cameras on a security trip!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.