Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motion detector and lights that are already on.  (Read 2948 times)

grahamk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Motion detector and lights that are already on.
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »

Is it possible to write a macro for a motion detector that will ignore all of it's signals if the light (or lights) it controls are already ON?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Motion detector and lights that are already on.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:01:29 AM »

Yes, you need SmartMacros for conditionals. You need to activate the lights so AHP will know they are ON. (in other words you can not turn them on at the wall switch). The lights must be on the monitored house code so AHP will remember they are on (or assign a flag to the lights if you can not put them on the monitored HC). Your motion sensor is the trigger and the conditional is IF the lights are OFF do what ever.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

grahamk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »

Thanks - I am a little confused about the "monitored house code" that you mention. My AH installation seems to keep track of all the codes - that is, if I look at the software it appears to reflect the state of all house codes.

Is only being able to get status of one house code a limitation of the macros, or am I dreaming that it keep state of all of them?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »

Thanks - I am a little confused about the "monitored house code" that you mention. My AH installation seems to keep track of all the codes - that is, if I look at the software it appears to reflect the state of all house codes.
Is only being able to get status of one house code a limitation of the macros, or am I dreaming that it keep state of all of them
Keeping track of the status of only one house code is a function of the limited memory of the CM15A. If you run the macro from a 24/7 computer maybe AHP can keep track of all 256 addresses. Another forum member will help with that information as I do not use AHP anymore.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.