Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New AHP Version 3.310 Released 3/25/2011  (Read 19699 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
New AHP Version 3.310 Released 3/25/2011
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:18 AM »

AHP version 3.310 was released today.
Here are the changes:

Version 3.310 Updated 03/25/2011

* AHP: Human readable EEPROM output (ahpeeprom_w.txt) is once again generated correctly.
    * AHP: New dynamic Installer framework.
    * AHP: Fix for 500 errors when accessing mobile apps resulting from unstable network connectivity.
    * AHP: Registration dialog is more clear about which registration code to use when registering ActivePhone.
    * AHP: Module History button in Room View now properly parses history data.
    * AHP: Bright level is more correctly preserved between sessions of ActiveHome Pro.
    * AHP: Fix for bright/dim commands not always sending properly when using a CM19.
    * MyHouse Online: Fixes for various MyHouse Online crashes when run in Internet Explorer Protected Mode.
    * MyHouse Online: MyHouse Online connection history is now stamped with local time.

You can download the new version here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

Here is a link to the revision list:
http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm

Noam

• Community Organizer
Re: New AHP Version 3.310 Released 3/25/2011
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:26:13 AM »

I already found a few things, which I added to the Bug List.
We keep a separate thread for the Bug List, which is here: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22373.0

This is what I found so far:

1. Changing a module between "Lamps" and "Old Lamps" does not change the color of the bar at the top until you go out of the room (or AHP) and go back in.
This is a new bug in 3.310 (at least I didn't notice it in 3.306). It is a cosmetic issue, but there is no reason not to fix it in the next version.

2. "Florescent Decorator Switch" sends extended commands if defined as a "New" lamp.
This is also a new bug in 3.310. I had a number of SmartHome relay (non-dimming) switches that were defined in AHP as "Florescent Decorator" switches (WS13A-L). When 3.302 introduced SoftStart support, I noticed these didn't change their behavior, even if defined as "Lamps" instead of "Old Lamps - no SoftStart." However, in 3.310, I see that AHP now sends an Extended Dim command to turn them on. Do the newer (post 2008) WS13A-L switches turn on with an Extended command? If so, then I wonder why the change wasn't made earlier. If not, then it is a bug that needs to be corrected. When I changed them to the "Fluorescent Decorator Switch" from the "Old Lamps" list, they worked fine.

3. SDK sends extended commands for Unit codes defined as SoftStart modules in AHP.
This is another one that is new in 3.310. I found it by accident, too. I was trying to control my "Florescent Decorator Switch" (see #2 above), but it wouldn't go on. Even using the AHCMD wouldn't do it. My PalmPad could turn it on, and I could turn it off in AHP (or with AHCMD), but I could not get it to go on. I checked the Activity Monitor, and sure enough I saw the Extended Dim commands. (I discovered this together with bug #2). Once I changed the module definition in AHP, AHCMD would send the correct "On" command. It looks like there is no longer a way to specifically send "on" commands for a module that is defined in AHP as SoftStart.
Edit: I did some more testing. interestingly enough, sending an "on" to a SoftStart module now instead sends it an Extended Dim command to the level it was last at (either the current level of it is on, or the last level if it is off). I'm sure this will mess up a lot of people who use the SDK. There is no mention of this behavior change in the release notes at all (unless it has something to do with them changing the SoftStart dim level status that had been broken before).

4. Changing a module between "Lamps" and "Old Lamps" should keep the current "module type" selection, instead of defaulting to the first item in the list.
This started with 3.302, but I haven't bothered to report it. It is less of a "Bug," and more of an "Annoying feature."
Since those of us with older modules have to re-define them as "Old Lamps," It would be nice if we could do that by just changing the first drop-down, instead of having to change both. Again, it is a cosmetic thing, but still a nice thing to get fixed.

I also confirmed a few bugs were fixed. I don't have the ability to test them all, but I did mark the ones I could confirm as "fixed" in the list.

Hopefully, as more users install and test 3.310, we will get a better picture of how it is working, and get the developers working on ironing out the kinks.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:03:56 AM by Noam »

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »

It appears the "MyGarage" app is not displaying the status of the garage door, whether if it is closed or open.  In other words, both icons: closed and open are dimmed out, so you are unable to tell that status.

-Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »

It appears the "MyGarage" app is not displaying the status of the garage door, whether if it is closed or open.  In other words, both icons: closed and open are dimmed out, so you are unable to tell that status.

-Nate
I don't have MyGarage, so I can't test this myself.
Have to tried rebooting the PC after the upgrade, to see if that makes any difference?
Can someone else with MyGarage confirm this bug? If so, I'll add it to the bug list.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »

I noticed on the download page.
There where two files for updating AHP to 3.310.
One did just AHP. The universal one was for AHP and any other plugins that you had.
I would think anyone with installed plugins. Should try the universal installer file.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »

I noticed on the download page.
There where two files for updating AHP to 3.310.
One did just AHP. The universal one was for AHP and any other plugins that you had.
I would think anyone with installed plugins. Should try the universal installer file.

I'm not clear on that, either. The "universal updater" is a smaller file than the other one. I wonder if the other one is a full installer (like for fresh installs - you need to add the plugins afterward), and the "updater" is just that - it updates whatever you currently have installed. I used the updater (I think).

Don N

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:28 AM »

Another bug ... perhaps we should add that "X10 needs to provide directions on which/how to update their software."

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 11:54:19 AM »

Another bug ... perhaps we should add that "X10 needs to provide directions on which/how to update their software."
I don't think I would classify it as a real bug. I'll ask the developers what the difference is between the two files, but it might be a simple matter of modifying some wording on the download page.

npampel

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »

I used the "Auto update" file.  I then after noticing that the My Garage was not reporting the status, ran the My Garage installer, still nothing.  Rebooting the PC per Noam's suggestion.  Will report findings soon.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »

I used the "Auto update" file.  I then after noticing that the My Garage was not reporting the status, ran the My Garage installer, still nothing.  Rebooting the PC per Noam's suggestion.  Will report findings soon.
If I understand correctly, you *should* only need to run the auto-updater. Separately re-installing the plugins isn't supposed to be required.

Let us know how it goes after the reboot.

npampel

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »

That is what I thought too, in regards to not needing to reinstall all the apps.  Just rebooted and same results - no status indication of my garage.  Thinking about running all the app installers then the AHP main installer, to see if that changes anything, which I would sort of doubt.  Otherwise, maybe downgrading back to 3.306.

-Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »

That is what I thought too, in regards to not needing to reinstall all the apps.  Just rebooted and same results - no status indication of my garage.  Thinking about running all the app installers then the AHP main installer, to see if that changes anything, which I would sort of doubt.  Otherwise, maybe downgrading back to 3.306.

-Nate
Has anyone else with MyGarage been able to confirm this as a bug yet?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »

-Nate
Nate -
I just re-read your post. It wasn't clear if you had tried opening and closing the door or not.
Is the status just not showing currently, or is it also not changing when you open and close the door?
I'm wondering if the update just clears out the current status, and it won't show anything until the next open/close event. (Again, without MyGarage - or an actual garage with which to use it - I can't test it myself).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:27:00 PM by Noam »

npampel

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

Okay, I got it to work.  I had to re-install the "My Garage" plugin then I re-installed AHP actual installer file, not the update.  Still no status indication but this time after I opened and closed the garage door from the plugin it now show the proper status.  :)%  Weird though, as it did not do this with the updater and the same steps.  :-[  I do not know what the difference between the AHP updater and the main installer file is.

But it is working now.  :)%

-Nate

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »

Okay, I got it to work.  I had to re-install the "My Garage" plugin then I re-installed AHP actual installer file, not the update.  Still no status indication but this time after I opened and closed the garage door from the plugin it now show the proper status.  :)%  Weird though, as it did not do this with the updater and the same steps.  :-[  I do not know what the difference between the AHP updater and the main installer file is.

But it is working now.  :)%

-Nate
Nate -
Just to confirm, did you test opening and closing the garage door BEFORE you tried to reinstall the MyGarage plugin, and / or the entire AHP file?
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.