Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installing Active Home Software  (Read 2811 times)

Xjdigger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Installing Active Home Software
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:36:43 PM »

I'm just opening my packages to install home system with video cameras and security. I purchased 2 systems for home shop and house and keeping them in two separate systems that is networked through wireless Antennas.

Both systems are going to be run through hidden wireless computers in each place.

Now the question is. I have 5 pairs of programs I downloaded. I want to set a program up on my laptop to test out the system before I secure it on a hidden computers that would be thieves won't know that exists.

I have separate passwords given in the email, can I reuse the passwords on the system and the test laptop and have control over the system?

Also the house has 3 computers in a network and I primarily work in the office and then sometimes anywhere else by wireless laptop. What is the limitations on the passwording in being able to use this system from multiple computers.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Installing Active Home Software
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 05:53:46 PM »

ActiveHome Pro is not networkable.  You bought 2 separate copies of AHP and the CM15A (or the CM19A and a TM751 (the CM19 sends only RF signals and needs a transceiver (either a TM751 or RR501) to put the signals on the powerline while the CM15A does both functions) for 2 separate installations.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »

The AHP software can only communicate to a CM15A over a USB connection. If you want, you can try using remote-control software (like VNC, for example), to control that Pc from another one on your network.

There are remote plugins for AHP, which will allow you to control your lights and other X10 devices from a web browser.
There are also a number of third-party programs which use the AHP SDK to give you a web-based interface to control your X10 system.

Xjdigger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »

Thanks, I found the answer that I needed. the question was about reinstalling onto another computer after I did the testing and study on my Laptop. I have two sets of programs for to buildings on the property that are linked by wireless antennas, and purchased the video cameras and security package and I should be able to check the cameras from the web to both buildings.

I have to do a new post because I am installing now onto a windows 2000 computer and I'm getting a "not a valid Win32 application" error. now searching to solve this one.

Thanks for your responses, I'll check this thread for answers also.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.