Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RF repeater with pan tilt.  (Read 11455 times)

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
RF repeater with pan tilt.
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:47:33 AM »

Would RF  repeater work with it ?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: RF repeater with pan tilt.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »

Would RF  repeater work with it ?
It should. The Ninja P&T movement is controlled by RF from the remote or the computer, but X10 hasn't made the RF repeater in years. Many problems with it.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 12:45:03 PM »

The X10 repeater has been discontinued for awhile.
We have also seen reports of probelms when the repeater was in a system.
You may want to do a search here and see if you can find posts on it.

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »

Thanks Guys

I think i should have said RF extender. I need little more range with it. Like radio shack sell them to extend the range of TV remote. I have to aim the remote at one spot of my bedroom for to work.

I take care of my mom and dad so use the camera to keep an eye on them the both fall a lot.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »

I think i should have said RF extender. I need little more range with it. Like radio shack sell them to extend the range of TV remote.
That is surely an IR extender, not a RF extender, isn't it? IR extender won't help you.

The Ninja movement signal is 310MHz from the hand held remote or the CM15A, CM19A etc. If you are using a fixed transmitter like the CM15A or the CM19A you might try moving them around to find a "sweet spot". Higher the better.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:40:16 PM »

As dave w pointed out. The pan and tilt is a direct RF command. That has to reach the base directly from the remote;CM15A or CM19A for control.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.