Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Time Periods  (Read 15319 times)

bt54

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Time Periods
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:26:57 AM »

I've written a few Smart Macros that do not operate correctly with time period conditions.  I have set my preferences to the appropriate region.  I am using the newest versions of Smart Macros and AHP and have a CM15A.

If I use Dusk to Dawn the macro's work but ignore the time - they trigger all of the time.
If I use specified time periods (If Time is Between) 6PM to 11PM - the macros do not trigger.  I've entered the time manually and alternatively used the up\down arrows to set it.
If I remove the time conditions the macro's trigger.

Also - none of the macros will store in the interface - they are all listed as being required to run from the computer.   The computer is on 24/7 but I believe that they should store in the CM15A.

Any Ideas ???
If it doesn't work get a BIGGER hammer!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Time Periods
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

I've written a few Smart Macros that do not operate correctly with time period conditions.  I have set my preferences to the appropriate region.  I am using the newest versions of Smart Macros and AHP and have a CM15A.

If I use Dusk to Dawn the macro's work but ignore the time - they trigger all of the time.
If I use specified time periods (If Time is Between) 6PM to 11PM - the macros do not trigger.  I've entered the time manually and alternatively used the up\down arrows to set it.
If I remove the time conditions the macro's trigger.

Also - none of the macros will store in the interface - they are all listed as being required to run from the computer.   The computer is on 24/7 but I believe that they should store in the CM15A.

Any Ideas ???
Macros that require any of the newer plugins cannot be stored in the interface. Most of the newer plugins, including the security ones, require a live connection to the PC to run, wince the functionality wasn't built into the CM15A when it was designed many years ago.

What types of macros are you using, that it won't let you store in the interface?

bt54

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »

Macro One
DS10A on front door triggers hall light on then delay then off

Macro Two
Security Motion Detector triggers lamp module on then 5 min delay then off

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »

Macro One
DS10A on front door triggers hall light on then delay then off

Macro Two
Security Motion Detector triggers lamp module on then 5 min delay then off
I don't have the security plugins, but I'm pretty sure those require the 24/7 connection to the PC.

bt54

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »

Noam,
All of the devices are listed in AHP so I would not think that security would have anything to do with it.  I am having another problem with my CM15A - it refuses to work with time conditions.  I spoke to tech support and they think that the unit is defective.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »

Yes, I saw that on the other thread.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »

Unless X10 has drastically changed something, any use of Security switches or Security motion sensors in a macro requires that the PC be running and connected to the CM15A at all times.  The macro actually runs on the PC and can't be stored in the CM15A for standalone operation.
 >!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

bt54

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »

UPDATE !!!
Replacing the CM15A did not solve the time condition problem.  You guys were right !!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 10:47:02 PM »

UPDATE !!!
Replacing the CM15A did not solve the time condition problem.  You guys were right !!!

I'm going to let the developers know about this one. They were looking for examples, as they couldn't reproduce this on their own.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »

I agree with -Bill-.  The computer has to be on with AHP running......

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »

I agree with -Bill-.  The computer has to be on with AHP running......
Anything involving the security plugins requires the PC, which is why those macros cannot be stored in the interface.
The only exception would be triggering a macro from a motion sensor. In that case, since the motion sensors just send an RF "On" or "Off" command, the CM15A doesn't see any difference between it and a PalmPad.

As for the time condition issue, I got a reply back from one of the developers that they ARE interested in getting some files from you (at least your AHX file, and perhaps some config files), so they can try to reproduce the problem. Stay tuned, someone should be in touch with you in the next few days.

freeballer

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 03:48:54 PM »

I think I'm having exactly same problem
except I'm triggering an email from a motion sensor between certain times/days
I tried it SEVERAL times and like the original poster it works without conditions but not with.

Anybody who had this issue get it resolved somehow?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »

Send a Private Message to "ErikP". He is the developer who is looking into this. He will reply with instructions of how to send him the files her needs.

Alish

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 06:53:28 AM »

Send a Private Message to "ErikP". He is the developer who is looking into this. He will reply with instructions of how to send him the files her needs.

Well its more better if ErikP will share here for everyone, because its a forum information should be available for everyone who wants to learn.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 08:57:14 AM »

Well its more better if ErikP will share here for everyone, because its a forum information should be available for everyone who wants to learn.
If you are experiencing the problem, you should contact ErikP (private forum message is the preferred method to do so), so he can assist you in getting him the files he needs to investigate.

The developers have not been able to duplicate the problem yet, so they are looking for examples of the problem, so they can investigate, and try to determine what is causing it. Once they can identify it and produce a fix, they will put that into a new release that is available to everyone.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.