Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Time Periods  (Read 15318 times)

ErikP

Re: Time Periods
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:38:04 PM »

Well its more better if ErikP will share here for everyone, because its a forum information should be available for everyone who wants to learn.

As soon as I have something shareable I will do this ASAP.  Right now i do not have any work arounds or fixes.  I am just collecting data to try to develop a fix.  Since the data i need from everyone is kind of personal.  I am asking for PMs so no one has to share that information with the world.

AaronB

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 10:29:33 PM »

I just sent you a PM Erik. Let me know if you've got any thoughts on it please.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 01:19:45 AM »

AHP version 3.315 was released this past Thursday (6/9/2011), and is supposed to have a fix for the time-based macro conditions.
Please try it out, and report back here.

--Noam

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »

AHP version 3.315 was released this past Thursday (6/9/2011), and is supposed to have a fix for the time-based macro conditions.

--Noam
  What was the problem that this fix is supposed to fix?
  What about the time based macro conditions was not working?
  I may (or may not) have this problem and would like to know what was(n't) happening to see.
Thanks!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »

--Noam
  I may (or may not) have this problem and would like to know what was(n't) happening to see.
Thanks!
Some users (not a large percentage - which is why it took so long to find a fix) reported problems where time-based conditions in macros didn't work. If they based the conditions on flags or module status, then those macros worked fine. However, conditions based on time (duck/dawn, time of day, day of the week) wouldn't work properly, and those macros wouldn't run.
Some users were able to get around it by creating macros with timers to turn flags on and off at certain times of the day, and then have their other macros use the flags as conditions.

This fix is supposed to correct that problem, and those users should be able to use macros with time-based conditions properly.

If you were having this problem before, please upgrade to version 3.315, and try it out again to see if the problem has been resolved for you.

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »

--Noam
Thanks!
Some users (not a large percentage - which is why it took so long to find a fix) reported problems where time-based conditions in macros didn't work. If they based the conditions on flags or module status, then those macros worked fine. However, conditions based on time (duck/dawn, time of day, day of the week) wouldn't work properly, and those macros wouldn't run.
Some users were able to get around it by creating macros with timers to turn flags on and off at certain times of the day, and then have their other macros use the flags as conditions.

This fix is supposed to correct that problem, and those users should be able to use macros with time-based conditions properly.

If you were having this problem before, please upgrade to version 3.315, and try it out again to see if the problem has been resolved for you.

Thanks for the reply!
  I don't think I had any of those problems.  The only thing I had to "compensate" for was the "crossing midnight" condition when I wanted to specify a macro to run, say, between 2000 hrs and 0100 hrs.  I got around it by having the macro end at 2359 hrs., and another macro start at 0001 hrs.  (two minutes of dead time).
  Is this what you are referring to as the problem/fix?
  I did upgrade to 3315 "just for fun".
Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.