Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XPCR questions  (Read 2085 times)

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
XPCR questions
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:35:16 AM »

I just purchased an X10 XPCR to aid in troublesome circuit.  I installed the XPCR: red on same circuit as the CM15a (Phase1), Black on Phase 2, capped third black as Phase3 is N/A, and the white to the neutral bridge.  I have not found any improvement, especially on the one troublesome circuit I have.  My house is not all that large, about 1355 sq feet, two levels; so approximately 2600 sq. feet total.  The CM15a worked fine prior to the installation of the XPCR with the exception of the above mentioned circuit.  I am concerned that the XPCR may generate unnecessary noise if the repeater/amplification does not help me with that circuit.  A couple of questions that I have though are:

1. The red LED on the XPCR does work and I get 3 flashes, pause, then 2 flashes when a command is sent.  Is this normal?
2. I have not swapped the Red and Black wires to switch the phases. Will this do anything?

To temporarily correct the circuit issue and what I have been using in the past to make this circuit work is to transmit to TM751 on another HC and that TM751 RF's the on/off commands to a light on that circuit.

Any Help is much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Nate

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.