Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AHP lights turn on but not off  (Read 11055 times)

nospamallowed

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP lights turn on but not off
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:45:01 AM »

I am running the latest software 3.311 after update from 2. something using the CM15A and module SR227. The unit for the last week or so has been turning on the lights but has not been turning them off.(the remote works fine either way) I just got back from vacation and the lights have not been working at all. (remote or AHP interface) so I cleared the memory interface using the older software and then the lights started turning on again. Now again they will not turn off. I do have the cap in the panel also. I have now updated to the 3.311 and still having this not turning off issue. Can anyone shed some light on the issue.

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP lights turn on but not off
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:05:29 AM »

So the lights are on the SR227 Outlet Module and it is not turning on and off correctly.

What type of lights in the SR227?

Anything change in the house? Like a new appliance, computer, cell phone, etc.?

If the lights are on lamp modules or wall switches that are old enough to not have the soft start feature. Then they have to be redefined in 3.311 using the old not soft start list in AHP.

nospamallowed

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »

They turn on fine with AHP but not off. the other SR227's in the same circuit work great. The CR12A remotes do work on and off. So after googling the issue I found software updates and tried all 4 updates and I still have the same issue. I am running LED flood lights in the eaves of the front of the house and a line to the palm tree in the front yard for lighting and this setup has been working great for a couple of years or so. I also use this circuit for the holiday lighting during the year without any issues. Has anything changed? No same cpu's same lighting nothing has changed. Also no switches or anything else for this circuit it is run from the panel specifically for this purpose.

pattlr

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:49:27 AM »

Just to add to this info...I had an issue which I just solved a few mins ago.  I had to reset all of my light controls to the "old" non soft start version. Things were working fine, however I noticed my coffeepot was not turning on in the morning. It would shut off properly at the set time but never turn on. I tried different codes and even a new appliance (two pin) module. Nothing worked.  -:) I just went into AHP and changed the settings there to show it as a lamp module, (also set to older non soft start version) and now its turning on from the computer. Will have to see if it works tomorrow morning but I see no reason why not. Not sure if this adds anything but thought I would share it.
Sometimes I wish they would just leave well enough alone lol....

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »

Just to add to this info...I had an issue which I just solved a few mins ago.  I had to reset all of my light controls to the "old" non soft start version. Things were working fine, however I noticed my coffeepot was not turning on in the morning. It would shut off properly at the set time but never turn on. I tried different codes and even a new appliance (two pin) module. Nothing worked.  -:) I just went into AHP and changed the settings there to show it as a lamp module, (also set to older non soft start version) and now its turning on from the computer. Will have to see if it works tomorrow morning but I see no reason why not. Not sure if this adds anything but thought I would share it.
Sometimes I wish they would just leave well enough alone lol....
Defining an Appliance module as a Lamp Module in the software is NOT recommended.
Appliance modules don't respond to Bright/dim commands, so you will likely run into further problems down the road  by doing this.
I suggest you delete the module from AHP, clear the trash, and then re-create it correctly as an appliance module.
check the Activity Monitor to make sure the correct code is being sent to that unit.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »

Appliance Modules also do not respond to an All Lights On command.

pattlr

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 04:37:04 PM »

I had already cleared the log, it showed that it never sent out the signal to "turn on" at the time appointed. I tried just cleaning everything up which included deleting the module completely. Then I set up a new one, again with the appliance module. Had the same results, tried different settings like setting it to B code and a different number, I think I tried everything but to no avail. Same results. Then I thought about the "soft" thing so just to see if it made any difference I set it up on a lamp module old style and it worked.
Any idea why an appliance won't but the lamp one will?
This was basically a new setup since I lost my previous hard drive and had to start from scratch when I installed a new HD. I only use it for two lamps and the coffeepot but seems the lamps worked fine just not the pot...and thanks for the suggestions...I learn a lot from here!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:55 PM »

That sounds to me you have either a noise problem or a phase problem.  Try moving the appliance module to an outlet close to the PC and see if it works.  If it does, you need to see if you have either problem.

As to a possible phase problem, if you have an electric stove, try turning the stove on and see if the appliance module works.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »

Any idea why an appliance won't but the lamp one will?
Are you testing them in the same outlet?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »

I had already cleared the log, it showed that it never sent out the signal to "turn on" at the time appointed. ...

That sounds to me you have either a noise problem or a phase problem.  

If the Activity monitor didn't show an appropriate "ON" transmission,  I doubt a phase issue is at hand.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

nospamallowed

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:59 PM »

Problem Solved.

I forgot my son switched out a computer in the office are of the house and it has an external switching power supply. When i realized what was done I unplugged the pwr supply to the computer and all is well. I just ordered some XPPF's to put on this computer and anything else for the future.

Thanks for all the read me's and other info on this site.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »

EVERY computer in a X10 controlled house needs a filter.  Both PCs and laptop power supplies produce noise that blocks X10 signals.

nospamallowed

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »

I have 5 computers and 3 laptops running almost all the time and this is the first issue that I have ever had. The computer that was replaced was with a Dell mini with an external power supply and this is the culprit. I have been running X-10 for about 11 yrs. Including alarm system and 7 cameras and 6 eagle eyes with audio and video recorder. I also have 2 wireless routers. WII and Xbox running wireless and have had NO issues. This is why I had the confusion of why things started to fail. As I stated before I have ordered 5 XPPF units. 1 for the Dell and extras for anything in the future.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »

EVERY computer in a X10 controlled house needs a filter.  Both PCs and laptop power supplies produce noise that blocks X10 signals.
It certainly can't hurt, but I wouldn't say it is an absolute requirement. There are plenty of people who have gotten away without filters on their PCs.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »

At least in my house, both the desktop PC and the laptop have filters on them.  My wife's first laptop didn't produce noise, but the second one did, so another filter was bought, the third laptop has the filter. 
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.