Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ms14a Turns next code on  (Read 2845 times)

MrTelco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ms14a Turns next code on
« on: April 21, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »

I have a light that is activated by a ms14a. The lights address is A7 it comes on when motion is detected and shuts off after a minute, but it then turns on the next address at A8. And I don't have my computer on so that it is not part of a macro. Any ideas??? I have tried different addresses but it always turns the next one on after shutting the one I want to control off???

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
Re: ms14a Turns next code on
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:38:30 PM »

The ms14 actually has 2 codes it does.  One for the motion part of it "A7 On and A7 Off"  then it has the code right after that "A8 On and A8 Off" for the dusk/dawn feature.  Somehow the dusk/dawn feature is firing when your motion sensor sends the "A8 Off" signal.

Most of us just disable the dusk/dawn sensor or skip a house and unit code.  A7 then A9, A11 etc....

If you disable the dusk/dawn sensor then you can go all in a row.  A7, A8, A9 etc...  There are tons of threads on how to do this, just use the search function on the forum.  Hope this helps.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »

I have a light that is activated by a ms14a. The lights address is A7 it comes on when motion is detected and shuts off after a minute, but it then turns on the next address at A8. And I don't have my computer on so that it is not part of a macro. Any ideas??? I have tried different addresses but it always turns the next one on after shutting the one I want to control off???

The photo sensor is "seeing" the light produced by the light you are controlling and is switching betweeen day/night. Mine also do this, but as hawk1 says, I just skip that address or disable the photo sensor
by disconnecting it or covering it with electrical tape (inside the cover).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »

It gets even more interesting if you have a lamp on the Dusk Dawn Sensor address and it is shining on the motion sensor.
A constant cycle of Ons and Offs.  rofl

MrTelco

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 08:09:59 PM »

Thank U for the info. Working fine now  ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.