Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Turning system off with phone during an alarm question!  (Read 4034 times)

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Turning system off with phone during an alarm question!
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »

With the answering machine off I can arm and disarm the system.  However, during an alarm I can't access the console.  I have both my cell and my wife's cell listed.  Perhaps the console was still dialing the second number the first time I tried this, because in retrospect I did get a busy signal.  The second time I tried it I waited a good while and the phone rang eight or nine times, even though I have answer delay set at 10 seconds (about 2/3 rings), but never did get it. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Turning system off with phone during an alarm question!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »

I believe it just keeps dialing until someone answers a call and then just after the message stops. Hits any touch tone key on their phone and puts it into listing mode. Where the consoles microphone is enabled.

I don't know if hanging up on the phone being called will then set the console back to hanging up and not continuous dialing of all stored numbers.

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »

I have ran a few test scenarios with my sc1200  When the alarm is triggered, it will start dialing the numbers you have loaded into the system.  Even though you answered the call made by the sc1200, hit a key to listen in for a few minutes, then hang up... it still wants to dial more numbers.  So during this time, the sc1200 is not accessible via remote phone call.  It is "too busy" dialing the numbers.   Even if you loaded only one number to dial  out. The remote feature won't work.  Dialing in, you are automatically put in listen mode.... You can't access the remote features.    However after 4 or more minutes,( presumably per info in the manual,  the alarm sc1200 has stopped sounding the alarm), you can dial in   remotely to access the unit.

ratchet

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »

I have ran a few test scenarios with my sc1200  When the alarm is triggered, it will start dialing the numbers you have loaded into the system.  Even though you answered the call made by the sc1200, hit a key to listen in for a few minutes, then hang up... it still wants to dial more numbers.  So during this time, the sc1200 is not accessible via remote phone call.  It is "too busy" dialing the numbers.   Even if you loaded only one number to dial  out. The remote feature won't work.  Dialing in, you are automatically put in listen mode.... You can't access the remote features.    However after 4 or more minutes,( presumably per info in the manual,  the alarm sc1200 has stopped sounding the alarm), you can dial in   remotely to access the unit.
Thank you!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.