Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ninja question  (Read 9738 times)

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
ninja question
« on: May 10, 2011, 09:32:05 PM »

I am looking at hooking up my ninja to a direct 12v system without the x10 power supply  I just want these to continually sweep will this work or does it need the address power supply.  I am installing them on non x10 cameras that already have a dedicated 12 supply to them.

Thanks
KenRad >!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: ninja question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »

Does your "direct 12v system" have all the extra amperage needed to handle the cameras AND the ninja?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »

I'm not sure this would work!
Doesn't the ninja get its x10 address from the power supply?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:25:48 AM »

If you are only using one Ninja Base and power it all the time. It will follow the RF commands as it does not use power line signals for Pan and Tilt.

The addressable supply only selects if the base with camera {if an X10 one and powered by the Ninja Base} is active or not.

If you have more than one powered on at a time. They all will follow the same RF pan and tilt commands.

Here is the link to the Ninja Power Supply. It shows what connection is constant 12 volts for the camera instant on feature and which one is normally switched for the base and camera RF transmitter signal control.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/XM14A
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:50:23 AM by Brian H »

Phil45680

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 08:04:28 PM »

I have (4) Ninja P&T setups. I can tell one to sweep then move to a different camera. When I switch back to the one I told to sweep, it is still sweeping, following the preprogrammed setting I gave it. I'm not sure why you would need to power them with a separate power supply. They should sweep continuously even when switching to another camera. I'm using the addressable power supply for the X10 P&T base with camera. I can also sweep more than one camera at a time and they run their independent program without stopping, even when switching cameras.

Hope this helps!
Be Careful! For the toes you step on today may be connected to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.