Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nstinct macro help  (Read 17006 times)

sazzam

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Nstinct macro help
« on: March 11, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »

I would like to build a macro on the Nstinct remote to turn on TV, Receiver, Amplifier then dims the light of my living room connected to the lamp module.

Will the macro memorize the device switching from cable to x10?

npampel

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Nstinct macro help
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 04:42:27 PM »

Sorry not much help here, but I am looking for the same thing.  I had posted something very similar the other day.  I am hoping that this can be done, but cannot seem to find anything on incorporating X10 macro's with regular IR macro's.  B:(

-Nate

sazzam

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »

Can I do this at least from the AHP interface?

npampel

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »

I have been scouring the Internet and the X10 wiki as well as last night chatted with an X10 customer service person and it appears that the Instinct can not perform a macro with mixed IR and RF commands.  It is only possible with two separate macros, one for the IR equipment (TV, stereo, DVD, etc.) and then another one for the X10 device.  B:(

You could probably do it within AHP, but you would need an "USB-UIRT"  - http://www.usbuirt.com/order.htm 
So that is a thought and possibility.  -:)

-Nate

npampel

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »

I failed to mention, you may need some third party software to make this happen with the USB-UIRT such as "Bill's Voice Commander" or "PC Companion".

npampel

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »

Just had a thought  -:)  :' It is a round about way and the USB-UIRT will be needed, so an extra $50-$55.  But with all that installed with AHP and a macro, you could then use the Nstinct remote to trigger that AHP macro to do what you want.

A little crazy though. :-\

sazzam

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 11:16:10 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't have my PC next to the TV. I have my PC with AHP in the basement and the PC is most of the time OFF while operates the macros and timers. So the $50 box will not help.

Thanks anyway.

npampel

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »

You could use the Remote control extender - PowerMid Kit (PM5900).  But then with that coupled with the USB-UIRT you are looking at $100 to do what you want. At that cost it may not be worth it.

-Nate

sazzam

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 03:15:51 PM »

As you mentioned. It's not worth spending the $100.

Thank s

fitbrit

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 05:21:28 PM »

There may be another way to do it, but I'll need confirmation from you experts since I just opened my Nstinct for the first time last night. I think I have all the necessary equipment, except a sub-$25 IR543.

In my home theatres' arsenals are a couple of Harmony remotes and two Nstinct remotes. I want to either use the Nstinct remote for everything, or the Harmony remotes for everything. An option might therefore be to purchase an IR543 or two, program a Harmony with X10 IR codes and then learn the IR codes on the Nstinct. This will allow me to devise X10 command-containing macros along with regular IR components. I could still also use the Nstinct remotes RF X10 commands for out-of-room X10 events.

Alternatively, if I program one of my Nstinct remotes with X10 IR codes, I could then use it to learn these on the other remote, and vice versa.

I wish that there would be a firmware update allowing us to have this "mixed-macro" flexibility.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.