Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do they sell an X10 that will turn on a low currect device?  (Read 2564 times)

easytims

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have a 12vdc transformer that powers a 3 watt LED light, its a very low current draw, I'm trying to turn on and off an appliance X10 module, but it won't turn off, it keeps turning back on.

Does anyone know of a maker of the X10 modules that this doesn't happen to.   I'm looking for an X10 mudule that will switch on and off a low current device.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Tim

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Do they sell an X10 that will turn on a low currect device?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:22:53 AM »

You want to switch the 120 volts AC to the power supply or the 12 volts from the supply?
The 12 volt side could be turned on and off by a Universal Module.

Depending on the age of the appliance module {before or after CFL friendly design}.
The Local Control Sensing circuit in the before CFL friendly. Will sometimes trigger it back on. As a test try adding a small 4 watt incandescent night light bulb to the output. It that clears the problem. Let us know. We may have a resistor fix that can help, or you can keep the night light in the circuit. There are also a few mods for the before CFL Friendly appliance modules to eliminate the Local Control Sensing.

Another option would be try a CFL friendly appliance module if your present one is not the redesigned CFL friendly style.
Real low current devices may still glow dimly {LED lights} even with the new style. Due to the relay on off status sensor circuit.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:57:02 AM by Brian H »

Deemar

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Do they sell an X10 that will turn on a low currect device?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:10:56 PM »

I use a UM506 to turn my fireplace on/off, that runs on a low 5 volt power source.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.