🖥️ActiveHome Pro > MyHouse Online

Don't purchase MyHouse if you are running a webserver on port 80

<< < (2/2)

Deemar:
What about modifying the DNS to point to another port based on the domain request? This still doesn't sound like a real problem if you know how to configure a web server.

schmuttis:
I am not a network person. I have no knowledge or desire to muck around with any type of DNS server. I am running a volunteer web site with an average hit rate of around 400 unique visitors a day out of my house. I am running MyHouse on a different computer. My router only allows port forwarding of a single port to only one destination ip address. I am not about to deny service to people trying to access my web site by running on a nonstandard port. Many companies and ISP's don't allow outbound http calls on ports other than 80 for security reasons. If someone wants to run MyHouse on the same computer as their web site I would imagine they wouldn't have any problems sharing port 80.

greggday:
I just forwarded my ports and solved all my issues with My House On line and make sure to download the new AHP update. Even if your system says you have the most current version of AHP. Go to the software page and down the "fix". I was having issues connecting to My House on line and after the download I am golden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version