Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS12A Macro Clarification  (Read 7405 times)

kramttocs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS12A Macro Clarification
« on: June 12, 2011, 02:32:31 AM »

Hi all,
I have AHP/OnAlert with some DS12A sensors scattered around.
Two macros:
 1. Delayed Sensor Triggered
 2. Sensor Closed

I understand that every 60 minutes the DS12A phones home so AHP knows it's still there. But does this trigger a state change? For almost all (there is one that doesn't) of my sensors I get emails (email in macro) frequently but without a very clear pattern that the sensors are closed. I never get that they are open, which is correct, but I would think that the macro would only trigger if there is a change and not a check-in. Am I misunderstanding this? I have checked the Activity History trying to find a pattern but can't and am not sure why one of my sensors never triggers the closed macro. They all test fine when manually triggering them. Also in the log are a lot of RF MCDVD (? something like that - I don't have my AHP computer near me at the moment) entries that seem to occur a random number of times a couple seconds after the sensor gets 'triggered'. Any help or clarification or a link to a related post would be great.

Thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: DS12A Macro Clarification
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »

RF MCDVD is what I see in AHP from a DS12A.

Can you post the Macro so it can be looked at?

kramttocs

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »

Hey Brian - thanks for the response.
So is the RF M MTCDDVD the sensor checking in?
The macro is very basic- just to get the feel of things in AHP.
Name: SensorX Closed
Trigger: SensorX
'State': Sensor Closed
Resides in: Living Room

All the macro does is 1. Execute a windows program (plays a sound file) and 2. Email me.

After looking at the logs in more detail last night, my previous statement was wrong - ALL of the sensors trigger their respective Closed macro.
Because the macro is so simple, I really don't see how there could be a problem with it but am willing to try anything. In your logs do you see frequent Sensor Closed Triggered entries?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 03:22:35 PM »

I don't have any plug ins for my AHP test setup.
All I see in my log is the RF M MTCDDVD in the Activity Log.

I have seen information that the Security Sensor with its check in. Sends an Open or Closed and if the battery is low it changes the high data bit to a one.
So the sensor maybe sending an open or closed on each check in.

kramttocs

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »

Thanks Brian.
Does anyone else experience this issue? Does the sensor actually send a state change when it is checking in?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »

I will see if my WGL W800RF32 can look at the data stream on one of my DS12A's

kramttocs

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 11:01:53 AM »

That would be great. Let me know if providing any of my logs/Activity History would be useful.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »

The W800FR32's test program didn't give me much data.

Though I did find out in AHP. If you look at the Activity Monitor and print it out. All the commands received are showing. Like one of my DS12As checking in showed a ""Security Module-Sensor Closed"  ;D
So you maybe able to see what is being received with a physical printout.

I am going to let AHP run longer and I cleaned out the history to start from a fresh start history log.

I am curious myself as I have my DS12As setup differently than most.
I used only the external zone input and did not satisfy the internal magnetic switch by placing the magnet next to the DS12As case.
That maybe why I am seeing "Security-Module Delayed Sensor Triggered" messages from the open internal magnetic switches. I feel an experiment coming on tomorrow. Tape the unused magnets onto the DS12As and see if I get only closed messages.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:21:28 PM by Brian H »

kramttocs

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »

Hey Brian,
Yeah I am seeing the same thing....unfortunately :)
   6/13/2011 5:38:09 PM    Receive RF    East Guest Bed - Sensor Closed
991    6/13/2011 5:38:09 PM    Receive RF    M MTCDDVD
992    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    A 00TV
993    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    Security Module - Sensor Closed
994    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    A 00TV
995    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    Security Module - Sensor Closed
996    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    A 00TV
997    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    Security Module - Sensor Closed
998    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    A 00TV
999    6/13/2011 5:38:10 PM    Receive RF    Security Module - Sensor Closed

My logs are filled these (although the A 00TV are all M MTCDDVD entries in the AHP 'internal' viewer). So since you are seeing the same thing it would appear that this is how they are supposed to work although I am not sure why. I can understand them sending the current state when checking in but I don't see why this triggers a state change and thus a macro in my case. Technically for security, one is more concerned with open then closed I guess but it will still be nice to have the option to have an action performed when the sensor is closed (and not have it repeat continuously). Would figure that more people would have chimed in to confirm this also :)

So in your case, does the external input trigger something different than Delayed Sensor Triggered or Sensor Triggered? If what we are seeing is the case then I would assume if the sensor was left open then it would check in and cause the Triggered macro (if one existed) to run every time. So I am somewhat surprised that you don't get that due to having the internal switch missing and thus that part of the sensor always being open. If that makes sense lol

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »

Well I am not running AHP except for tests here.

The internal zones are not registered with my SC1200A.
As the internal and external zones. If used, are registered separately. So the open internal zones have no effect on the SC1200A. Only the external ones do.
I believe On-Alert will also see them as two separate zones and if both are not in AHP. One would be ignored. Though I have no real proof of that. My test computer with the FULL AHP complement of plug ins crashed {Hard Drive went BANG BANG BANG!} and I don't have my registration numbers or the order number to reference it back to.

kramttocs

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »

Ok that would make sense then. I only have AHP with OnAlert and no dedicated security unit so I haven't messed with Zones or anything.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 08:40:56 PM »

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »

Let me take a stab at this:

I have a DS10A on my bedroom closet door which turns on/off the light through an AHP macro.  If I were to say leave the door open and use my maxi remote to turn the light off, YES the light comes back on when the sensor checks in.

Hope this answers the question.

One more thing:  Occasionally, the sensor misses a beat when we close the door in the morning and the light stays on.  As you may deduce, the light goes off at the next sensor check in.

Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »

I got On Alert reinstalled today and did a test.
Added four DS12A Security Sensors to a new room.
Installed the four Internal and four External Zones in AHP.
Since my setup is External switches only. I double sticky taped the magnets to three of the four test sensors.
When they checked in. All the Externals and three of the Internals reported "Sensor Closed". The one with the magnet not taped on. Reported Delayed Sensor Triggered. The DS12A is set to send the delayed trigger.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:42:33 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.