Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fluorescent Light Control  (Read 14134 times)

dhelms29505

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Fluorescent Light Control
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 12:37:11 AM »

This my final post on this particular topic, unless I make some big development. I got the original setup to work partially. I took the module back apart, missed soldiering the nuetral on completely. Then I hooked the module back up on the hot end, using the common for supply and hooking to only one traveller I can get the light to turn on and off with the module (as long as the switch positions don't change). With module off I still have full function of the switches. I would have left the setup hooked up, but the d--- module wont fit in the box. Are there any socket rockets that dont dim? I'd like to try that mod and see how it works. Once again thanks to everyone for your advice and help. If anyone would like me to draw up what I did and post it. Let me know. Maybe someone can perfect what was started.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 05:58:34 AM »

LM15A Socket Rockets don't dim.
Though they use a Triac to turn On and Off the Light. Triacs are normally used as the dimming element, in a dimmer.
The Socket Rocket does not have very beefy electronics and is rated at 150 watts incandescent.
Know to fry when a bulb burns out. Due to the surge current.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 08:51:47 AM »

Found this LM15A mod.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=kaefvdealcr9qofrq12ol0m4s7&topic=20358.0

LM15A has a very low safe wattage rating of 150 watts incandescent.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.