Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems after hot spell.  (Read 8103 times)

markdoc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problems after hot spell.
« on: July 03, 2011, 02:48:05 PM »

I hope someone can help.  I have a 5 camera x-10 system.  It includes 4 wide angle color cameras and one night vision (ROFL) b&w camera.  All are on the same house code and one color camera plus the b&w are on pan & tilt bases.  I also use one TM 751 and view everything on my laptop.  Here's the problem.  Everything was working fine until today. When I turned on the system this am, the two p&t cameras were not working.  I noticed that one p&t power pack was very hot (don't know why).  I unplugged both p&t power supplies and the other three cameras worked fine including the ability to switch cameras with Vanguard software or remote.  When power supplies cooled, I plugged them back in. Now with everything plugged in as before, only the first p&t setup to be plugged in works.  I get a picture and can control the p&t base.  I can't switch cameras.  If I unplug the p&t cameras, the other three work and I can remotely switch them.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  TIA   

Markdoc

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Problems after hot spell.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »

Is the hot power supply pan and tilt base. The one that works but locks up the rest of the system?

If you connect all but the one that was hot. Can you then view and control the others?

markdoc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:08:52 PM »

Thanks for the quick response.  I've been playing with the P&T power supplies some more.  The power supply that got hot was P&T 1.  If I plug P&T 1 into either P&T base, that base doesn't move and the camera shows snow.  The other cameras won't switch feeds.  If I connect P&T 2 to either camera, everything works OK.  The only strange thing is when I plug P&T 1 into an outlet, then partially connect the male & female plugs on the cord to the camera, I get a picture from P&T 1 & the camera its connected to.  I think power supply 1 is partially fried.  I'll call tech support Tuesday and get a new one.  You agree?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 06:30:35 PM »

Yes I would call tech support.
Sounds like the switchable portion has gone bad.
Part of the power supply is always On to keep the camera powered On for instant video. The pan and tilt base along with the the transmitter. Are switched On when that camera is selected.
When you partially connected P&T 1 the unswitched part must have connected to the transmitter circuit and it sent you a signal.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.