Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple motion detecors with multiple cameras  (Read 4956 times)

fishburp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiple motion detecors with multiple cameras
« on: July 21, 2011, 04:26:58 PM »

With the vanguard system, can I set up to send emails with each camera (that has a motion detector)? Right now, only one motion detector sends an email (it depends on the active camera in my vanguard software). I have one cm19a, would I need more than one to have each camera work (front/back yard)?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Multiple motion detecors with multiple cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:29:02 PM »

The CM19A sends On and Off signals to a TM751 or maybe a RR501 Tranceiver. To control the cameras addressable power supplies. It also can receive the motion sensors signals.
You can only have one camera On at a time or they will interferer with each other. That is why when one goes On the others go Off.

fishburp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »

Well, they don't interfere with each other but I was thinking I would be able to have multiple emails from more than one camera, since I see a lot of kits that come with more than one motion detector. Now I am wondering if it I need to have different software, or if x10 merely sales kits that turn off/on lights and have 1 camera sending emails.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:18:32 PM »

It maybe possible.
I don't have any X10 cameras or the software.
There maybe more information in the knowledgebase for vanguard and other users may also have some added tips.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Vanguard_Internet_Control_Center

They should not be interfering with each other as vanguard should only allow one On at a time.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.