Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XM10 and its uses  (Read 6179 times)

Kuzer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XM10 and its uses
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »

Gday, I have an XM10 2 way module to use with 3rd party products. However it is hard to find anything on the internet this will work with apart from home security. I am looking for motorised blind control, but cannot determine whether these require XM10s or another module to work them.

Does anyone know any blind controls that require an XM10, or perhaps can link me/tell me what XM10 can provide other than home security? I don't want this item to go to waste!

Cheers

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: XM10 and its uses
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:46:53 PM »

While there are X-10 blind controls in the USA, I'm unaware of any for Europe.

Check here...
for what you can do with your XM10.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »

I did an ASK search for XM10 and got NO X10 references but a bunch of weaponry.  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »

Try Google Dan,  I did and it showed up on Marmitek's site.
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 05:57:52 AM »

http://www.marmitek.com/en/product-details/home-automation-security/x-10-home-automation/special-modules/xm10.php

It is the European version of our TW523 Interface.
It has wires on it to connect to things like a Security Console that knows X10 signaling and has a AC power plug to match the local outlets.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:28:17 AM by Brian H »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:26:04 AM »

It is the European version of our TW523 Interface.
It has wires on it to connect to things like a Security Console that knows X10 signaling and has a AC power plug to match the local outlets.
I don't think there are any wires to connect to a anything. There's just a modular plug to connect to a PC. Aside from the different plug styles for different European countries, it is functionally identical to the TW523. This page has a better description...
It was redesigned to meet CE standards and replaces the 7223.
Kuzer doesn't say where he's located but the recent Australian X10 supplier thread might be helpful to him.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:28:38 AM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 07:29:04 AM »

I believe I also saw a version with the connector plug for the interface signals.
The Marmitek site shows one with fly wire connections.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 07:39:16 AM »

I believe I also saw a version with the connector plug for the interface signals.
The Marmitek site shows one with fly wire connections.
I've never seen anything other than a TTL interface identical to the TTL interface of the TW523. The gobblygook on the Marmitek site appears to have been written by someone with no clue to its function. The picture on the web page you referenced above just shows a modular cable. Is there some other picture showing details?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 07:45:02 AM »

I agree it was confusing and I think I misread it.
Downloaded the brochure and users manual.
It does mention the RJ11 connector cable and vague reference to a flying lead power connection.
My bad.  ::)

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 08:04:04 AM »

I think flying lead refers to the power cable for the security console. The security console (which one?) connects to the XM10 via the modular cable. I think this was written by a clueless marketing type.
With a control panel which has been designed to interface with X-10 PLC, the installation is simple. Just connect the flying lead to the 230V power supply, connect the telephone
cable to both the RJ11 socket on the XM10 and the control panel with the cable provided.
The XM10 EN.PDF user manual, available below the Marmitek brochure link, says nothing to indicate its anything other than a 230V version of TW523.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 09:44:12 AM »

Yes it is the power lead.
The XM10.PDF in the Folders/Brochures Tab indicated. The Flying Lead is the power cord.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »

Gday, I have an XM10 2 way module to use with 3rd party products. However it is hard to find anything on the internet this will work with apart from home security. I am looking for motorised blind control, but cannot determine whether these require XM10s or another module to work them.
Having thoroughly confused you by now, I'll try once again to answer your question.

You can do very little with the XM10 without connecting it to something (embeded controller, PC, security console?) that can control it to send/receive X-10 commands over the powerline. What might be available depends on where you are. The XM10 is a European 230V model. It will also work in Australia/New Zealand but plug styles on 230V X-10 devices vary by country. If you tell us where you are, we can probably point you to an X-10 dealer in your country that will be in a better position to tell you what is available.

Kuzer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »

Thanks a lot, sorry I should have said; I'm from Australia. So it looks like it is most likely used for security systems?

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06:54 PM »

Thanks a lot, sorry I should have said; I'm from Australia. So it looks like it is most likely used for security systems?
Actually, no. It's more often used for lights and appliances. Search the forum - there was a recent thread about X-10 dealers in Australia - they can better advise you as to its uses there.

Here's one...
There are numerous high-end home control systems that use the TW523/XM10. HomeVision, Ocelot, Leopard, Stargate and more.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:15:44 PM by dhouston »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.