Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Raid!!  (Read 18329 times)

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Raid!!
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »

I'ma so sad...Really need to knock some of these Software Bugs back. Things are working but it's not like it u'sta be.

Being patient@ 3.310

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Raid!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »

Can we have more info?  What's  the problem?  We need more to help you.  Raid!! As you know is bug spray.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »

3.310? the latest version is 3.316.
You can get it here:
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

GMAN

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:55:04 PM »

Just squawking... I'm good.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »

GMAN are you feeling OK? Is it hot there too? Put a cool cloth on your head and tell your friends what the problems are. We're here for ya!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 05:09:57 PM »

Why swark?  X10 is fun when everything works the way you want.

Just an example:  I keep almost every version of AHP that I know of on a 250 MB Zip disk and several versions are in a folder called "Buggy Releases", which means to me DON'T USE.  I was running 3.310 as everything ran as scheduled (no plug-ins involved, don't need or want.) and also have the  setup_ahp_update.exe.   I decided to run it and see what it does.  It updated my AHP from 3.310 to 3.16. (which was in the Buggy Releases folder)  It worked PERFECTLY, all timers ran exactly as written.  So I moved the file to the main part where all the other "good" releases are.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »

Why swark?  X10 is fun when everything works the way you want.

Just an example:  I keep almost every version of AHP that I know of on a 250 MB Zip disk and several versions are in a folder called "Buggy Releases", which means to me DON'T USE.  I was running 3.310 as everything ran as scheduled (no plug-ins involved, don't need or want.) and also have the  setup_ahp_update.exe.   I decided to run it and see what it does.  It updated my AHP from 3.310 to 3.16. (which was in the Buggy Releases folder)  It worked PERFECTLY, all timers ran exactly as written.  So I moved the file to the main part where all the other "good" releases are.
Dan -
If I read you correctly, you are running 3.316 (with no plugins, of course), and it is working fine for you? That's good to hear!

GMAN

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »

Yes it is approx 196 degrees. The electrical bill will be just dandy. :o

These got me
* Turning on a SoftStart module that was dimmed before being turned off results in an Extended Dim command to the previous dim state, instead of the full 100%. In AHP, the slider momentarily goes to the previous dim state, but then goes to 100%.
   (v3.310 added 4/14/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in v3.315)
* The CM15A sends duplicate commands from timers and macros after a reboot or restart of x10nets, until AHP is opened and closed.
    (added 3/23/2011 by Noam, confirmed still present in 3.315)
    (ErikP 3/29/2011: Problem CAN be duplicated in testing. This is on the list to look into.)

Sense 2008 3.228 had been running my little simple setup smooth as glass for all this time. (all lamp modules are 'soft start')
At one point I bought a second cm15a to keep as backup just in case of a failure but as things grew I began using it as a all House/Unit transceiver
on the opposite phase via RF Commands and EVERYTHING worked perfect.
I discovered one could utilize security modules with an AHP update. So I bought some DS10A's and of course had and really needed to come up to speed with AHP.
That all worked out but the update(s) threw my living room lighting macro out of whack. 
Anyway, the workaround I came up with was to adjust and download the macros to the second interface plugged in on that opposite phase.
Once again everything is working peachy...

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:52:53 PM »

...Anyway, the workaround I came up with was to adjust and download the macros to the second interface plugged in on that opposite phase.
Sounds like you need a phase coupler / repeater, and/or an antenna mod on your CM15A.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 10:03:01 PM »

What I don't understand how you can run 3.228 with soft-start modules since they didn't exist when 3.228 was released unless he used the LM14 trick to control them, which he did not mention.

GMAN

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »

The Antenna part is way covered. Yes, I have been skating without a phase coupler. Somewhat of a phobia about me or anyone (electrician) messin' in the electrical box. Keep'n it simple and safe.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=20104.0

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 07:43:24 AM »

What I don't understand how you can run 3.228 with soft-start modules since they didn't exist when 3.228 was released unless he used the LM14 trick to control them, which he did not mention.
SoftStart modules respond to the older On, Off, and Dim commands. From my experience it seems like the dim levels don't match up between the older and newer modules, but they still do respond.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 07:46:18 AM »

The Antenna part is way covered. Yes, I have been skating without a phase coupler. Somewhat of a phobia about me or anyone (electrician) messin' in the electrical box. Keep'n it simple and safe.

If you have a 220V dryer, you could try one of the plug-in repeaters.
However, I highly recommend Jeff Volp's XTB-IIR. I think it was definitely worth the investment.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »

Anyway, the workaround I came up with was to adjust and download the macros to the second interface plugged in on that opposite phase.

This Rube Goldberg machine works, but how do you keep the two CM15As, on separate phases, from conflicting with each other? I would think if you would have signal collision and corruption when a 220V appliance was operating at the same time they were transmitting (?). Apparently you have managed to balance the system very well. Kudos.

$0.02
But I agree with Noam. A high output repeater like the XTBIIR would make you so happy you would vibrate. Unfortunately if your panel is surrounded by dry wall, it creates an installation problem, since by code, nothing is supposed to be mounted in the breaker box but breakers (although my panel has a door bell transformer in it, which apparently was OK with the inspector). If you have a four pin dryer outlet, Smarthome.com still has a four pin dryer outlet repeater. Don't know why they dropped the three pin unit.

I have my ACT CR234 wired directly in the back of the dryer, for safety I put 5 amp in line fuses on the wires to the repeater since the 40 amp dryer breakers would offer no protection.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »

I suspect Smarthome will discontinue the rest of the Dryer Outlet modules as they go out of stock and don't plan to do another production run.
All the X10 Smarthome 1132 series controllers are all gone and they are only pushing the Insteon stuff.
Bean counters and bottom line strikes again.  ???
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.