Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there a way to get email or texts instead of a call?  (Read 11917 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Is there a way to get email or texts instead of a call?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »

I suspect the DS7000 and SC1200 were added to AHP but the programmers never finished the code. ???
The DS7000 sends all lights on/off on a security trip. AHP can see this but there are no options for it.

The SC1200 sends security  house code + 1 on/off on Alarm trip AHP sees this but there are no options for it.
However you can create something using flags but it isn't very reliable.

-:) Maybe once programmers work out all the AHP bugs they'll add the options for security trips.
In the mean time one can use a work arround,or X10SW ::) :'
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 06:39:20 PM »

Actually the SC1200 sends two codes. The House Code, Unit {Light} Code and House Code, Unit Code +1  On then Off.
Like the default A1. Sends A1 A2 AOn then A1 A2 AOff. That dual Address being sent is what messes up some version PH508 Large Powerhorns.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »

Actually the SC1200 sends two codes. The House Code, Unit {Light} Code and House Code, Unit Code +1  On then Off.
Like the default A1. Sends A1 A2 AOn then A1 A2 AOff. That dual Address being sent is what messes up some version PH508 Large Powerhorns.
Thats what I meant, thanks for the clarification Brian. ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jediagh

• Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »

Like a lot of people, I don't have a home phone for the system to call out. I would like to be able to get a text message sent to me, but email would work too. If this isn't available, it should be. Half the people I know have turned off their home phone. Even my grandparents turned theirs off and they had the same number for 40 years  :o

notslow,

You can use a box called xlink and a cellphone to act like a home landline for your x10 to call out on and you call in on.
Here is a review and How to for the xlink product that I wrote up.  It won't send you a text/email but at least you can call-in/out and it's "plug n play" as oppose to the other route of email/txt.

aptalca

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »

for some reason, when I have ahp send e-mails to my cell phone carriers SMS gateway (number@vtext.com) using Myhouse, sometimes the message never gets delivered to my cellphone. The e-mails going to my e-mail addresses always get delivered (although in my junk folder 30% of the time). Maybe Verizon blocks some of them thinking they are spam.

I also noticed that X10 must have more than one server running as e-mail gateways because the e-mail sender name sometimes shows up as Myhouse something and sometimes no name but just the e-mail address, and also the e-mail sent times are always off by different times (indicating different time zone locations of the servers).

So one of those gateway servers might be flagged for spam, so whenever my e-mails get relayed from that server, they get blocked by Verizon.

I am not comfortable with relying on any online service offered by X10 (I'm sure you all can understand the reasons) so I discovered a little piece of software that makes sending e-mails and texts very easy and highly dependable.

It it called SendEmail, and it is a free open source command prompt utility that can send emails through even gmail accounts with SSL. (If you search for sendEmail on google, it is the first link)

In AHP all I had to do was click on "Windows Command" under Advanced functions, then select the "SendEmail.exe" file as the command. In the arguments section, type in the details of the e-mail such as:

-f sender@gmail.com -t receiver@gmail.com -s smtp.gmail.com:587 -xu username@gmail.com -xp password -u "Subject" -m "body of e-mail"

and that's it. This will send a message using your gmail account with SSL. I set this up for my modded fire alarm and my glass break sensors on my windows so if any of those get triggered, I get text messages with custom messages.

And by the way, when you send an e-mail to Verizon's SMS gateway, the final text message shows up as: "(Subject) body of e-mail" so my texts look something like "(Security) Fire alarm just went off!!" or "(Security) Rear window break sensor just went off!!" I am hoping never to receive these texts other than during testing, but it certainly eased my mind because during testing, reliability was at 100%.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.