Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Doesn't motion sensor talk to CM15A by a transceiver?  (Read 2326 times)

wyx2000

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Doesn't motion sensor talk to CM15A by a transceiver?
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »

what I understood is that a motion sensor has limit RF range, motion sensor will send RF signal to transceiver and then transceiver send signal to CM15A by powerline.

But when I tested, it seems I cannot make it work.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Doesn't motion sensor talk to CM15A by a transceiver?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:08:51 AM »

The CM15A has a built in RF receiver and can receive an RF signal from a motion sensor.
The CM15A can also transceive the signal back to the powerlines. In Tools, Hardware Configuration, Transceived House Codes. Is where the House Codes are set. Automatic sometimes does not pick all the ones you want and using specific and selecting them works better.

You will also find the CM15A is not known for great RF reception distances. So there are many modifications threads here on extending the distance.

Yes if you have a motion sensor received by a transceiver and it sends a power line signal. You can also trigger an event from it. If you want to go that route.

wyx2000

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Doesn't motion sensor talk to CM15A by a transceiver?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »

What you said in your last paragraph is what I want.
So a motion sensor triggers a transceiver, the transceiver will send X10 command in powerline. But how do I pick the signal with a CM15A?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.