Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simon 3 and X10 chime module  (Read 4814 times)

CarMan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Simon 3 and X10 chime module
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »

I have a Simon 3 version 3 with the PowerFlash X10 Pro PSC01 wired up and the X10 transformer for the Simon. I have 2 motion sensors that I want to use to get three X10 Powerhouse SC546A chimes to sound when motion is detected.

The house code on the Simon 3 is set to "E" and the Powerflash and chimes are set to "F". The unit codes are set to "10" on the Powerflash and the chimes. The mode on the Powerflash is set to "3". The "test" on the Powerflash will set off the chimes.

I also DO NOT want to piezo on the alarm to go off.....just the chime modules (not the chime on the Simon).

Is this setup right to chime the modules when motion is detected?

Thanks

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Simon 3 and X10 chime module
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:45:40 AM »

I have a Simon 3 version 3 with the PowerFlash X10 Pro PSC01 wired up and the X10 transformer for the Simon. I have 2 motion sensors that I want to use to get three X10 Powerhouse SC546A chimes to sound when motion is detected.

The house code on the Simon 3 is set to "E" and the Powerflash and chimes are set to "F". The unit codes are set to "10" on the Powerflash and the chimes. The mode on the Powerflash is set to "3". The "test" on the Powerflash will set off the chimes.

I also DO NOT want to piezo on the alarm to go off.....just the chime modules (not the chime on the Simon).

Is this setup right to chime the modules when motion is detected?

Thanks
The PowerFlash is set up correctly to activate the chimes when the PowerFlash receives a closure from the Simon. You didn't say, but I assume you are using the Simon motion dectors, and not X10, so the rest of the question seems to be Simon related. Maybe a forum contributor owns a Simon and can help more.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

CarMan

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »

Actually the Optex VX-402R motions talk to the Simon with 60-670-95R SAW contacts.

lainghk

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »

Hi CarMan, could you please explain the correct wiring, mode setting and if a 47 or 4.7 kohm resistor is required to connect X10 Powerflash PSC01 to Simon 3 (I have a Simon XT and I am trying to do the same)?  Thanks in advance.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.