Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Programming" Remote and Transreceiver  (Read 3808 times)

ChrisCione

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
"Programming" Remote and Transreceiver
« on: August 20, 2011, 03:06:42 AM »

I have one PHR03 Remote and two PAT01 Trans-receivers.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to properly program or code the equipment.  I have all 3 dials set on A, yet the only way I can get functionality is to set the switch on one trans. to "1" and the other trans. to "9."  This allows me to control both trans. with the top buttons on the remote (#1); however, I have to flip the switch on the remote back and forth between 1 and 9 to match the trans.

I want to be able to have all the switches on the same number (or whatever it takes) so both trans. can be controlled without having to flip the switch.  In other words, so I can *actually* utilize the first 9 buttons on the remote without having to adjust any other switches.  I'm sure this is simple, but I'm stumped and frustrated.  Any help is appreciated.

B:(

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: "Programming" Remote and Transreceiver
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »

The X10Pro PAT01 {X10 RR501} can only be used on Unit Code 1 or 9 as set by the switch on the front.
The X10Pro PHR03 {X10 HR12A} Palm Pad Remote can do Units 1-8 and 9-16. Again set by the switch on the front.

If you want to control the PAT01's separately. You are going to have to move the 1 or 9 switch on the PHR03.

If you want one button to control both together. Set both PAT01's to Unit 1.

The basic limitation is the transceiver has only two choices Unit 1 or 9.

Now as you add more modules. You can use the other 14 unused unit codes.

Appliance and Lamp modules. Could be set to the same house code and unit codes 2-8 and be individually controlled. With out moving the 1-9 switch.

You could also remove one of the transceivers and replace it with an appliance module set to unit 2.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:40:29 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 07:07:22 AM »

You may already know this but I will point it out.
You do not need a PAT01 in every location that you want the PHR03 to control.

The PHR03 can send power line signals through a PAT01 to other modules on the House Code and Units 1-8 and 9-16.
Only thing that can happen is power line signal issues to some of the modules you want to control.

ChrisCione

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »

Thanks, Brian.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.