Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible to make ActiveEye (MS16A) delay between motion sensings?  (Read 2687 times)

JDetroit

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am wondering is there a way to make it so once motion triggers the ActiveEye, it won't allow additional motion to trigger it for X amount of time?

Example, I am using it as a driveway alert.  Let's say I have a lot of people walking up and down my driveway for one day.  Rather than have the chime go off every few seconds, can I set it to only go off no more than once every 5 minutes (when motion is detected, of course)?

Any help is appreciated!

B.A.

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Possible to make ActiveEye (MS16A) delay between motion sensings?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »

If you have AHP with smart macros plug in....
Write a macro.......use the address of the MS16 to set a flag, sound the chime, and
then delay for XX minutes. Then clear the flag at the end of the macro.
Set a condition for that macro that it will only run when said flag is CLEAR (OFF)

If you're only using the MS16 and a transceiver, you may have to mod the motion sensor.
I don't think I have seen a mod like that yet.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:04:02 AM by B.A. »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »

Example, I am using it as a driveway alert.  Let's say I have a lot of people walking up and down my driveway for one day.  Rather than have the chime go off every few seconds, can I set it to only go off no more than once every 5 minutes (when motion is detected, of course)?
Like BA said, if you have AHP, a macro can be used to stop repeated triggers.

If you don't have CM15A and AHP,  then a possible solution would be to power the motion sensor from a 3 or 4 volt wall wart power supply and turn the power supply off (with an X10 Appliance Module, of course) when the chime isn't wanted. To do this, your chime has to be HCUC address "A1" since that is what the motion sensor will default to when un-powered.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:18:32 PM »

Looks like lviper has already created such a macro (actually a collection of macros) and posted it here:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22397.msg127675#msg127675  in the user designed macro section. lviper calls it: the Front Porch Visitor Chime.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:21:08 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.