Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a few X10 Security System Questions - Model DS7000  (Read 5092 times)

rothdavid

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
a few X10 Security System Questions - Model DS7000
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »

I just recieved my new security system.  The instruction book says its Model DS7000, on the back of the dialer console, it is PS561.

I'm familiar with the home automation modules/setup, i have been using that for years. 

My questions about the security are:

Regarding triggering the lights: 

Instead of setting a lamp module to the console house/unit number, can  I create a macro using my active home software and would the security console trigger that macro instead.  This way I can have lights with various unit codes turn on and not have to have them all on the same house/unit code.

Would then, the keychain Remote "LIGHTS ON" button run this same macro as well?

Thanks
David

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: a few X10 Security System Questions - Model DS7000
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »

Not sure exactly what you mean. But if the alarm is triggered, ALL lights on that house code will flash, no matter what the unit number. The keychain remote will only turn on lights that also have the same unit code.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:57:37 PM »

Also lights using an appliance module like CFLs. Will not flash with the All Lights On command that they do not respond to.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »

..... can  I create a macro using my active home software and would the security console trigger that macro instead.  This way I can have lights with various unit codes turn on and not have to have them all on the same house/unit code.

Would then, the keychain Remote "LIGHTS ON" button run this same macro as well?

If I understand your question correctly... the answer is no.

AH and AHP (the CM11A and CM15A) don't respond to the all lights ON, all units OFF command issued by your security console. Or... at least you can't create a macro based on those commands. I run a Home Automation-PC 24/7 and have a workaround in the BVC software I use. The BVC software allows my AHP to see the commands via the BVC built-in listeners.

Another workaround might be using an appliance module with a transformer plugged into it that controls a powerflash unit. An appliance module (set on the same House code as the security console) would be turned OFF when the alarm is triggered (the all UNITS OFF). The transformer would lose power and the powerflash unit would then react as set. Precautions would need to be taken to avoid signal collisions.... like putting the security console on a filter to keep its PLC off the same line as the CM15A (if a CM15A is being used).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »

Do you have the On Alert AHP Plug In?

rothdavid

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback.  Sounds like I can't use a macro to trigger lights on.  It seems the AhP software should see the security console and provide add'l enhancements, but it sounds like it just doesn't.     yes, I have the On Alert Plugin.

Thanks again for the replies.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.