Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Pro & CM-15a and Soft Start Modules  (Read 3970 times)

dwight

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Pro & CM-15a and Soft Start Modules
« on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:34 AM »

OK - Here we go again. I recently purchased some soft start X10 lamp modules.  I have the old modules on other circuits.  I installed the lamp modules on one circuit, edited the circuit on AHP Pro to use the soft start lamp module and down loaded to my CM-15a interface.  Then nothing worked even down loading to the interface.  The little computer icon hicky said it was downloading but I didn't get the moving bar.  Usually the download takes a few seconds but after 15 minutes the computer icon hicky still said it was downloading.

Ok after rebooting, reloading, clearing the CM-15a and cursing I changed the circuit I had changed on AH Pro back to the non-soft start setting and downloaded which worked this time.  The soft start lamps work and everything else works so I changed a couple of other  circuits to the soft start modules and didn't change the AH Pro software to softstart.  I am afraid to change anything else but I do have some soft start wall switches I want to replace old ones.

Will all softstart modules work when you have them designated as non soft start on AH Pro program.  Can you mix soft start with the old type as long as they are on different circuits?  What wont my soft start circuits do if I have them designated as the old module on AH Pro program?  Is there any reason my AH15A doesn't always down load correctly?  Your help is appreciated.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:15:31 PM by dwight »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP Pro & CM-15a and Soft Start Modules
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:31:52 PM »

Yes you can mix them. Just don't have a soft start and an old style on the same X10 address.
I believe if mixed on the same address. Defining them as old works for all of them.

dwight

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:26:42 AM »

Thanks Brian.  Have you ever heard of the down loading problem I have with the CM-15a?  Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »

The CM15A comes with Active Home Pro {AHP} as part pf the package.
Most users of the CM15A know AHP as it is the standard program used. Though other automation programs can also use AHP.
Did your package come with any of the added on's? Like OnAlert or Smart Macros to name a few of them.

dwight

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:11:34 AM »

Yes it did - Smart Macro and On Alert. Could that be part of the problem I am having?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:27:58 PM by dwight »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »

How do you have your modules set up in AHP?  You can have soft-start and old style modules on the same circuit.  I do.  What version of AHP do you have?
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dwight

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »

I have AHP 3.316.  Does it matter if I do not designate the circuit as soft start?  I mean are there any abnormal effects?  Thanks.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 07:59:21 PM »

I have AHP 3.316.  Does it matter if I do not designate the circuit as soft start?  I mean are there any abnormal effects?  Thanks.
If you have older (non-softstart) modules, and you don't designate them as such in AHP, they won't respond to "on" commands. AHP will try to send the "Extended" commands, which the older modules don't understand.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.