Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Insteon Touch Screen And X10  (Read 3580 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Insteon Touch Screen And X10
« on: August 29, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »

Hi just saw this Insteon touch screen and was wondering if it is compatible with my X10 components. I thought I read somewhere that you could use Insteon components with x10 and they would be compatible. Still not quite up to speed on these Insteon products and compatibility issues so I thought I would check here first. Thanks

Tom j.

http://www.smarthome.com/2490C7/TouchLinc-INSTEON-Wireless-Touchscreen-Controller-Kit/p.aspx

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Insteon Touch Screen And X10
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »

TouchLink communicates with and uses the PC software "HouseLink" which appears to control X10 as well as Insteon. Looks interesting, but after buying TouchLink and HouseLink you are tapping 500 bucks, so you might want to call SmartHome to confirm.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »

TouchLink communicates with and uses the PC software "HouseLink" which appears to control X10 as well as Insteon. Looks interesting, but after buying TouchLink and HouseLink you are tapping 500 bucks, so you might want to call SmartHome to confirm.

OKKK thanks! well I didn't want to invest that much but as you suggested I'll call, You're saying it has to work in combination with the House link software I assume you have to leave your PC running for this to work.

Tom j.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »

I think the Airpad would be the cheeper route to go!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »

OKKK thanks! well I didn't want to invest that much but as you suggested I'll call,

You're saying it has to work in combination with the House link software I assume you have to leave your PC running for this to work.

Yes, thats the way I'm reading it. TouchLinc needs HouseLinc and HouseLinc requires a full time PC.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.