Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Did you get your tablet?  (Read 29229 times)

Tesla

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Did you get your tablet?
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »

I stopped in a Fred Myers store and was looking at a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" and noticed the price $100 off and down to $299.  I looked it over and I loved it and so I bought it. 

Ya, I think they are closing those out because the Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus were both recently released.

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »

Depending if you really want the Airpad after buying the Galaxy, you might consider refusing delivery.  The Amazon Kindle Fire tablet for $200 is putting download pricing pressure on the 7" tablet market.  Its going to get ugly in the 7" market... good for the consumers bad for the importers/manufacturers. 

FINALLY SOMETHING...haha...  The very day I was going to call and tell them to shove it and give me a refund. 

I ordered on September 2, 2011 and four weeks later on September 30, 2011 I got an email saying my AirPad 7 shipped, from New Jersey no less, on September 28, 2011...  It is supposed to arrive here on the West Coast at my home on October 4, 2011...

I stopped in a Fred Myers store and was looking at a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" and noticed the price $100 off and down to $299.  I looked it over and I loved it and so I bought it.  What a great tablet with both front and back cameras.  I have been loving it and it is a Samsung TOP quality product...  I don't know anything it lacks.  It is not too much different from my HTC EVO 4G cellphone only just a tad bigger...haha...  I ended up selling it to my brother since I am with sprint and Sprint also has the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" and ended up buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" from Sprint for $199.  I can use this unit both on Sprint and WiFi...  The best of both worlds...haha...

Well I still intend to have fun with the AirPad 7 too but I should have been on the ball and cancelled when I didn't get it in a couple of weeks and got my money back...  Of course I would probably like this AirPad 7 a lot better if it had a back camera...haha...

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 04:58:14 PM »

The Amazon Kindle Fire tablet for $200 is putting download pricing pressure on the 7" tablet market.  Its going to get ugly in the 7" market... good for the consumers bad for the importers/manufacturers. 

The Fire is getting good press from the early testers.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

Personally, i wouldn't give it the time of day. They don't mention a few key specs, and on top of that, it isn't part of the official android marketplace. they have the amazon market, but lacks the official market.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 06:57:37 PM »

Personally, i wouldn't give it the time of day. They don't mention a few key specs, and on top of that, it isn't part of the official android marketplace. they have the amazon market, but lacks the official market.
I'm still holding my breath for a $99 HP Touchpad....however, since the employee sale is over I guess I can exhale.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 11:04:33 PM »

If cost $207 to put together a Kindle Fire and you can buy it for $199. That is certainly a good deal especially with 1 year warranty.  It will no doubt draw the interest of hackers especially to port full android (Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Icecream, etc).  Just like what they did with the Color Nook.  I think Amazon  will comply with GPL to release source code (unlike the Chinese manufacturers) making the port easier.  Of course this is all speculation. 

If the port can't be done, then you still have nice 7" tablet.   Either way I think there is now pressure to move closer to  $199 price point rather than away for 7" tablet market especially for Christmas and Black Friday selling season

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »

Received my airpad Sept 30Th.
However I wasn't able to get playing with it till today.
This is my first android tablet  so it is a whole learning experience.
I'm actually using it now to type this post using the on screen keyboard.
I'll post a short review later this weekend and update it periodically.
 >!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:19:55 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

q711179

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2011, 03:13:14 PM »

This is my first android tablet  so it is a whole learning experience.
I'll post a short review later this weekend and update it periodical.
 >!

First thing I would suggest is opt for a different keyboard.  I use Swiftkey, but I hear BigThumb works well also.

deholla

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 03:12:21 PM »

Got it!  Having purchased an X10 camera and other X10 accessories several years ago, and was very satisfied, I figured this was the real thing.  The AirPad tablet has met my expectations. The delivery took a while but I understand supply chain issues and was patient.  I've considered getting a couple more but would like better assurance for the delivery timing if these are going to be for Christmas presents.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »

This is my first android tablet  so it is a whole learning experience.
I'll post a short review later this weekend and update it periodical.
 >!

First thing I would suggest is opt for a different keyboard.  I use Swiftkey, but I hear BigThumb works well also.

thanks, I'll try them however I don't have issues with the defalt keyboard, Yet! ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.