Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Log in issues ,anyone else also Email settings  (Read 1714 times)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« on: September 30, 2011, 07:53:45 AM »

I have been a member here for awhile and in the past most setting worked well most of the time however as of late...

Allthough I have my Log in set to a month (have tried  day,week,month,forever) and I have it set to remember passwork what really happens is that I have to login each session plus 90% of the time after log in if I try and post I am told I need to log in. This means my post is lost unless I remember to save (cut) it first.

I had my Email adds set to once each month and account settings still show those setting but now I get daily and sometimes twice a day mailings. Even called customer service ,what an experience and was told they change back to monthly ,that was over a month ago and still not changed.

Recently I have been active in the AIRPAD area and many there are complaining of the poor customer service lately.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Log in issues ,anyone else also Email settings
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:53:24 AM »

There were some changes made to log in and posting as the forum was getting hit hard by spam bots.
some of these were posting 10 or most post at a time.
Many or the COs and EAs requested X10 help deter this some how.
There is now a forum plugin that does a very good job at catching spammers.
I have to filter threw about 200 new members a day which this plug-in catches ocassionaly it stops a ligit new member.

As for the emailings that is another issue.
I to recieve e-mails twice daily even to a email address I removed from the mailing list.

Since YB is the webmaster I'll have him look into Both!
 >!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:00:44 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »

I used the opt out link in one of the newsletters from X10 I received.
Took a few days of constantly opting out, but eventually they got the message.

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 01:26:04 PM »

Ok guys, YB to the rescue.

1) The logging in issue.
This is very new to me. Lately, I have been hitting the forums pretty hard and consistently. At least the AirPad section anyhow. I haven't experienced this at all, so I am going to resort to a browser issue. I need someone to confirm this. If any of you are having issues with staying logged in, can you please look into your browser settings and make sure you have cookies, javascript, etc all enabled.

NOTE: There is a myth about cookies that they are bad, or collecting information for companies, etc. This is just a myth. I have been a web developer for many years, so please take my word for it. The only thing a cookie can do, is be written, and read by the website that wrote it. They are used for things like, customer only sees this once, if a customer closes this wait 24 hours to show it to him/her again, a lot of things like that. So the truth is, cookies are not bad, they help people like me give you a better experience.

2) The newsletter problem.
This is news to me. We only offer the daily email and I'm not sure if that is going to change any time soon. I will let you guys know if it does.

Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.