Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can a CM15A lose its x10 signal strength ? _ maybe a dumb question  (Read 16592 times)

drakethib

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Can a CM15A lose its x10 signal strength ? _ maybe a dumb question
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »

Is there a means that I could set a trigger to one of the switches that do work which would piggy back and make the other switch work?

I.e. Send a code to a RF Switch which then turns on the wall switch?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 06:47:31 PM »

Is there a means that I could set a trigger to one of the switches that do work which would piggy back and make the other switch work?
Silly question follows:

You are not expecting a macro to run when you use the wall switch locally are you? None of the X10 wall switch modules transmit a status so AHP never knows their state when changed at the switch itself.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »

FYI, all is working according to AHP.

I see nothing showing an error in the log

The Activity Monitor doesn't display errors. It shows you all of the commands that the CM15A sends or receives.
If you don't see anything in the Activity Monitor, then your CM15A is neither sending or receiving any commands.

drakethib

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 08:36:50 PM »

Not sure what you mean by activity moniotr,
Gee whiz, Under "Tools"/ "Activity Monitor" or Press the "F2" key....Surprise!!

Sorry Guys, I am not the guru that you are. Just trying to figure this out.
Ah thats ok. The Activity Monitor is explained in the AHP instructions and the WiKi, but X10 instructions has serious inverse air pressure so I can see why they are seldom read.

Anywho, so if the macro is triggered normally, you say the module shows on the screen as changing state correctly, so AHP is running the macro correctly. Then does the activity monitor shows the command being sent, or not?

And as Brian and Noam suggested: " look at Tools; Preferences; Macro Options and see if the On in place of Bright 100% is checked.

This may have did it, not wanting to say yes for fear of it quit working. Test are proving good right now.

Thanks so much guys.

drakethib

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 08:49:53 PM »

Silly question follows:

You are not expecting a macro to run when you use the wall switch locally are you? None of the X10 wall switch modules transmit a status so AHP never knows their state when changed at the switch itself.

For the W647 swicthes, that is the only way to make them come in per x10 support

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »

None of the X10 wall switch modules transmit a status so AHP never knows their state when changed at the switch itself.

For the W647 swicthes, that is the only way to make them come in per x10 support

I don't understand what you are saying.

Are you saying X10 Customer Support said that: If you turn on a light AT THE WALL SWITCH that AHP will show the change and can trigger a macro??

If so, there is either a disconnect at their end , or your end,  but the WS467 and all other X10 wall switches CAN NOT TRANSMIT THEIR STATUS. They can not notify AHP/CM15A that some has turned them on or off locally.

If you need a wall switch to transmit its status when controlled locally, you will need to use the more expensive Smarthome.com brand of switches.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:48:09 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 05:49:32 PM »

None of the X10 wall switch modules transmit a status so AHP never knows their state when changed at the switch itself.

Are you saying X10 Customer Support said that: If you turn on a light AT THE WALL SWITCH that AHP will show the change and can trigger a macro??

If so, there is either a disconnect at their end , or your end,  but the WS467 and all other X10 wall switches CAN NOT TRANSMIT THEIR STATUS. They can not notify AHP/CM15A that some has turned them on or off locally.

If you need a wall switch to transmit its status when controlled locally, you will need to use the more expensive Smarthome.com brand of switches.
Agreed. X10 stopped making the two-way LM14A a while ago.
I have a number of SmartHome Insteon switches, which are backward-compatible with X10. Those *DO* transmit their status when you turn them on or off at the switch (which is nice, because I have two set to the same address - they both turn on and off at the same time when you use either switch).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »

The only thing slightly different with the Insteon and Icon model Switchlinc Dimmers. Is if you dim them they send a %dim status that AHP ignores.
Though full On or Off sends an X10 On or Off status change.

drakethib

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:54 PM »

No, X10 told me the only way to turn on the w647 switched using AHP was with a macro, otherwise they would not work. No concern about the status of the lighting via AHP.

Just to finish the topic off, I have everything working now.

I went in and And as Brian and Noam suggested: " look at Tools; Preferences; Macro Options and see if the On in place of Bright 100% is checked. I changed to the ON and everythign si working now. I just have to stage the lights to come one ( i.e. have to set AHP in minute increments to get the lights on)

Whatever.

I am just happy that my system is working again. I was looking at having to shell out so big $$$ to have a high end system installed to do the same job that X10 was doing.

Really appreciate the help all.  :)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:11:13 PM by drakethib »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2011, 12:50:49 AM »

Some Leviton X10 compatible switches also transmit their status when controlled locally, but they are pretty expensive.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »

No, X10 told me the only way to turn on the w647 switched using AHP was with a macro, otherwise they would not work. No concern about the status of the lighting via AHP.
The only possible reason I could think of for them saying that to you was if the person you spoke to didn't know about the "Old Lamps - No SoftStart" category.
It is possible to use a macro to send the discrete commands, but that's a silly way to do it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.