Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Air Pad Customer Service.  (Read 13513 times)

Cb49

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Air Pad Customer Service.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »

thank you. I have just emailed you my information.  I hope you can help. :)%

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »

I had someone call from the call center to get you all taken care of, she kept getting someone from your front desk saying you were in a meeting. she emailed you her information for you to contact her back, look for that and things will be all better. :)

>!
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

Chowder

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »

@Chowder - Dust under the screen and a dead pixel is a reasonable reason to replace it. Go ahead and send your information directly to me: yb@x10.com. I will make sure you are taken care of.

@Cb49 - I want to extend my offer to you as well. Please email me directly at yb@x10.com. Let me know the whole story, order numbers, RMA numbers, what questions you have, etc.

Thanks YB.  I will send you my order number soon.   Remember, I ordered on the 3rd, got billed on the 6th and received it on the 20th.  Today is the 30th... and I really do like the pad.. I just can't handle the dust under the screen and dead pixel.  Even my wife gave me sh*t, stating.. wow you scratched it already.. I had to point out, that no, it's under the screen... see... she was taken back by this from a new product.

Anyhow, thanks for the help.  I would really like to get this thing sent back, X10's cost of course, and a new one turned right back around to me without weeks on end going by.

Airpad is nifty!  Wireless works fine... nothing like emails, google, youtube and more on the couch or bed.

CaesarGJ

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 10:38:41 PM »

I've also been having some problems with customer service.  I got the airpad OK, but trying it out I find that the controls are very sluggish and the battery life on wifi is terrible--due probably to the fact that it can't be set in airplane mode.  I would like to return it without the restocking fee since this is a hardware issue, but the gentleman emailing with me about it was very evasive in providing an RMA, and eventually just stopped emailing back altogether. It's very frustrating.

The last email he sent asked if I thought the battery life was OK when "using it as an ereader or mp3 player," which I sort of bristled at. If I wanted an ereader or mp3 player I wouldn't pay $200 for them.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 06:32:32 AM »

Mostly curious.

I looked at the sales page for the AirPad.
Where does it say there is a "Restocking Fee"?
All I saw in the fine print is 30 days to return for refund. 90 days to exchange.
I know some vendors do have a restocking fee but it is listed on the sales pages. So you can decide before a purchase.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:46:27 AM by Brian H »

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 10:59:52 AM »

I got the airpad OK, but trying it out I find that the controls are very sluggish and the battery life on wifi is terrible--due probably to the fact that it can't be set in airplane mode.

Customer service seems to be hot and miss. Some have received replacement AP in a week while others have taken longer than that just to get a RA. 

Battery life claims are a big joke IMO.  They still list approx. 6Hours viewing Movies  or 6 Hr. surfing the Net.

Long live the battery!

The AirPad comes with a 4000 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery and AC power adaptor you just plug in anywhere to recharge. Although it's small and lightweight, the AirPad packs some serious battery life - up to six hours of watching movies, twenty hours of listening to music, or six hours surfing the Internet! .

I have tested battery life / power used while in different modes of operation and simple fact is that one does well to get 2-1/2 Hrs. while viewing full motion videos (ie movies).

The difference between  viewing movies  by way of WiFi be it NetFlix, Home Media Server or from Micro SD card is not that great .

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:36:14 AM by everydayflyer »

pseeker

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »

Inside the forum thread below is picture of inside of airpad... written on battery is 3200 MAH   Some one from X10DEV said the 3200MAH refers to the warrantied aged value.  Not sure what that means... So if 4000mah gives you 6hrs of wifi, then 3200mah gives you 4.8 hrs?
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=24835.0

I got the airpad OK, but trying it out I find that the controls are very sluggish and the battery life on wifi is terrible--due probably to the fact that it can't be set in airplane mode.

Long live the battery!

The AirPad comes with a 4000 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery and AC power adaptor you just plug in anywhere to recharge. Although it's small and lightweight, the AirPad packs some serious battery life - up to six hours of watching movies, twenty hours of listening to music, or six hours surfing the Internet! .

I have tested battery life / power used while in different modes of operation and simple fact is that one does well to get 2-1/2 Hrs. while viewing full motion videos (ie movies).

The difference between  viewing movies  by way of WiFi be it NetFlix, Home Media Server or from Micro SD card is not that great .

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:29:01 PM by pseeker »

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »

I have seen that 4000 versus 3200 mAh discrepancy post before but simple fact is that even 4.8Hrs. would be   twice( or more) what most ,including myself are getting in the real world.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=25135.msg141623#msg141623

Some have reported as little as one hour  when connected to some Wi Fi networks. My test were while connected to my WiFi with full signal strength showing. 

Overall the AP is very good. It does function well and has feactures which the soon to be released Fire does not. It is a shame that the Android Market  and many other Goggle Apps had to be removed. It is very disapointing that the battery life is less than half of that advertised and that the AP has some issue which likely could have been sorted out if more time had been spent in Alpha and Beta testing. Often times rushing a product to market leads to a group of unsatisfied consumers.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:47:57 PM by everydayflyer »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.