Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airpad will not recognize or format my 8GB microSD Card  (Read 7066 times)

ronbastone

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airpad will not recognize or format my 8GB microSD Card
« on: September 27, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »

Bought a 32 GB Sandisk Micro SD card.   put in in SD slot, pushed it in and the entire card fell in. Leaving noe of the card available, to eject it. Took hours to finally get the thing out. Returned the card to Amazon. Bought an 8GB Sandisk MicroCard  at Radio Shack. Inserted it. It went in fine. HOWEVER The Airpad did not recognize the card, and when I went to the Storage area on settings, the listing that states Launch SD card, was hreyed oyut (disabled.) It asked me to insert an SD card, which was already in there. So I ejected it, re-inserted...stilll nothing. Did not recognize the card. I put the card into the SD apter that came with it. Put it in muy MAC...which immediately recognized it. I was even able to add a few photos to the card. BUT...when i put it back into the Air Pad....still nothing.   Any on else having problems launching Micro SD card? If so...do you have a solution? :(

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
Re: Airpad will not recognize or format my 8GB microSD Card
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:39:30 PM »

You might need to format the card to FAT32.
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »

FYI The 8G SD  that works in mine is indeed formated Fat 32.

Edit:  A couple of points perhaps.  The Micro SD slot is just that a slot and ther is no channel  to guide / support it. It must be inserted very carefully to insure it keys into the correct location,there should be slight resistence felt when approx. 50% inserted.

After the card is inserted it may be necessary to launch an application to read it be it Gallery ,Movie or other. Many of us are used to computers which have default launchers set to do this automaticly.

This is my firts Droid OS device and  I am still stumbling around myselh but it is beginning to get easier.

I have used both Micro SD and USB sticks formated Fat 32 and have been able to play full motion videos  as well as still photos and music files as long as I select the correct app and settings.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:20:30 PM by everydayflyer »

imbigbear69

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 05:42:17 PM »

To remove it, like most SD/MMC Cards you need to push on it and it will pop out part of the way. when using it in a Holder it has to be pulled out. If you have access to a Card reader on your or someoene elses Computer you can format it there.

When the Aiirpad starts you should get a message about it schecking the card, it repeats before finally going to Home or another page. the card with the straight side should be toward the HDMI slot and the power connection.

DemDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »

Edit:  A couple of points perhaps.  The Micro SD slot is just that a slot and ther is no channel  to guide / support it. It must be inserted very carefully to insure it keys into the correct location,there should be slight resistence felt when approx. 50% inserted.

This. Very much this.

I managed to get my sd card stuck underneath the actual slot for it. So I took the cover off thinking it would be easy to retrieve. Not so much. Apparently I damaged the card beyond use while trying to extract it. And to make matters worse, I pulled a wire loose from the speaker. By opening the case, I assume that I voided my warranty, so the speaker will probably go unfixed unless I make friends with an expert solderer.

So I'm out $30 for the sd card and have an airpad without audio (unless I use headphones.) So the lesson to others is to be careful inserting your as cards.

I'll be the idiot do you don't have to be.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:21:10 PM by DemDave »

WayneMan

Lost SD card in Airpad X 10.2 inch tablet
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 02:43:39 PM »

My Sd card disappeared when I inserted it.  I tried live chat and was given a number for tech support.  I tried it three times, it rang twice and then nothing.  I called the home number and made it to tech support.  I waited literally 20 minutes.  A rude lady answered the phone.  I was talked down to like I was an idiot.  I explained that I inserted the SD card in the slot and it disappeared.  She says what do you want me to do, you inserted it wrong and there is nothing we can do.  I told her others had the problem, what was done there.  She said there wasn't anyone else and it's not a known problem.  I said you have no more support than that.  She said no and my call was done.  I sure hope it gets better from here!!!  So since I got no where with this, how did you get your card out?  How did you open the case?  I don't want yet another problem.  It seemed I had a good product so I hope someone can come to the rescue.

mmcchapman

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »

I just had the exact same problem with inserting a card for the first time; the card has disappeared somewhere inside the unit.  Were you able to find a solution?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:43:31 PM by mmcchapman »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.