Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Youtube Player" loaded via apkinstaller won't delete or uninstall  (Read 4100 times)

bigDL

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
"Youtube Player" loaded via apkinstaller won't delete or uninstall
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:49:29 AM »

Loaded something called Youtube Player (not the Market Ap) using apkinstaller before I figured out what I was doing.  Now it won't uninstall or go away via drag to trash.  How do I get rid of this file?

YB

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
  • Coders Are The Only True Evils In This World...
    • X10 WTI
Re: "Youtube Player" loaded via apkinstaller won't delete or uninstall
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »

Go to settings > Applications > Manage Applications > YouTube Player > Uninstall, done. :)

>!
Michael Youngblood
Web Designer

bigDL

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:43 AM »

Did that but none of the function bars (uninstall, force close, etc) are active.  All are greyed out.  Have tried 2 methods of uninstall but neither works.  When playing youtube videos both standard and this option pop up to play.  If this player is selected, it fails.  Need a way to delete the files completely.

Thanks

bURrITo

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »

On my airpad that is part of the ROM. You might have to install it again and try getting rid of it through the ApkInstaller application. Or maybe not even install, and see if you have the option to uninstall it through the ApkInstaller as is. I just opened it up, clicked on Manage and I see it to uninstall. Looks like most of the stuff listed is on the ROM. I haven't tried to get rid of it. I also upgraded to ROM 004 and that doesn't have much installed at all and doesn't have the youtube player, but be forewarned, no android market on that ROM either. I had to revert back to 002.

bigDL

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:18:26 PM »

Thanks, I think I will try to "install" it again then the file won't be corrupt.  Maybe then I can fully "uninstall"

I have purposely stayed away from the 004 upgrade after reading posts here.  I was lucky to order when the units were in stock and still shipping with 002.  How do you revert back to 002?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.