Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200 Keyfob Question  (Read 3909 times)

Blaze85

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 Keyfob Question
« on: September 29, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

A few months ago I purchased a SC1200 alarm kit. I have everything setup and it seems to be working fine. My question is about the Keyfobs that came with it. When I set the alarm as "Home Away" from the console, and leave the house, I get my 30 second delay when I re-enter the house. However, When I leave the house, and use the Keyfob to arm it as "Home Away", when I re-enter the house the alarm fires instantly.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and is this how it is designed? Seems worthless to me if I arm the house from my car, and my wife comes home and enters the door just for the alarm to go off.

Hardware I am using is below.

- Security Console (SC1200)
- 2 Smart Security Keyfob Remote (KR32A)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SC1200 Keyfob Question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »

That is the way they work.

Both the older KR10A and the newer KR32A. Arm Away with no entry or exit delay.

Arm Away from the SC1200A console give you the exit and entry delays.
Entry delays are for DS10A and DS12A Door Window Sensors set to Max Delay. Any DS10A or DS12A set to Min delay will trigger an alarm instantly even if the console was armed with a delay.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:54:46 PM by Brian H »

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »

Is anyone else experiencing this, and is this how it is designed? Seems worthless to me if I arm the house from my car, and my wife comes home and enters the door just for the alarm to go off.

- 2 Smart Security Keyfob Remote

Since you have two remotes, you should each carry one, and disarm before entering...although we usually do arm from the inside with the delay, that way the alarm doesn't go off immediatly if we forget to disarm it. And a light turns on to let us know it's still armed.

Blaze85

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »

- 2 Smart Security Keyfob Remote

Since you have two remotes, you should each carry one, and disarm before entering...although we usually do arm from the inside with the delay, that way the alarm doesn't go off immediatly if we forget to disarm it. And a light turns on to let us know it's still armed.

Did you use Smart Macros to control the lights? I have tried this but the Armed State condition doesn't seem to work all the time or at all if we just push the buttons on the SC1200. Just curious how you are controlling the lights

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 06:03:50 PM »

I use a DS7000, not the 1200, so I'm not sure it works the same. I have my front porch and my entrance lights both set to the security code on the console. They both light up if the system is armed and you open the door. If you don't disarm, they start to flash, as do all the lights on that house code. total of 7 of them including the driveway floodlights. Quite the light show.

I assumed that the 1200 could control all the lights like the 7000, considering it's newer.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 06:15:38 PM »

The SC1200A has two security light codes addresses as you know.
When you arm the system. Any X10 modules set to ether of the two security light codes will light.
If you use the arm away with delay. They stay On for the exit delay time then go Off.
In arm away from the FOB. They go On for about two seconds then go back Off.
When you enter with the delay. They light to indicate the console is timing out the entry delay. Then the alarm sounds and the lights flash if it times out.

I have an outside light on one of the light codes and it flashes On then Off. To indicate I armed it with the FOB.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.